Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Baseball Clinic Series to Puerto Rico
Colorado Springs, Colo. – Local youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series. The free clinics will feature 10-year MLB veteran Javier Valentin, Brewers teammates Alex Diaz, Angel Miranda and Jose Valentin and right-handed pitcher Jose Santiago.* The clinics and autograph sessions will occur from Wednesday, October 12th through Wednesday, November 9th, as listed below.
The clinics will take place at various venues throughout Puerto Rico. Each of the five clinics will run from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time. Clinicians will train at stations including pitching, catching, base running and life skills for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 – 16. The clinics will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
Full Clinic Schedule:
- Wednesday, October 12: Legends for Youth Clinic in Barrio Sabana Seca, Manati, Puerto Rico held at Parque de los Cardenales.
- Wednesday, October 19: Legends for Youth Clinic in Barrio Sabana Seca, Manati, Puerto Rico held at Parque de los Cardenales.
- Wednesday, October 26: Legends for Youth Clinic in Barrio Sabana Seca, Manati, Puerto Rico held at Parque de los Cardenales.
- Friday, November 4: Legends for Youth Clinic in Fajardo, Puerto Rico held at Estadio Concepcion Perez Alberto.
- Wednesday, November 9: Legends for Youth Clinic in Fajardo, Puerto Rico held at Estadio Concepcion Perez Alberto.
*Clinicians subject to change.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 7,600, of which approximately 5,600 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA for Twitter updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 15,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, Curacao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth clinic series is #LFYClinic.