Mayfield Dairy Enlists Maggie the Cow as Flavorologist to Find New Seasonal Flavors
Maggie the Cow travels throughout the South in order to find the most unique, delicious flavors for the company’s seasonal ice creams and novelties
Mayfield Dairy Farms today announced the company has officially enlisted Maggie the Cow as the company’s new flavorologist and has given her a mission to travel throughout the South and find the most unique, delicious flavors for its limited edition seasonal ice creams and novelty treats.
“Maggie the Cow has a long history with Mayfield Dairy, and she has always been one of our leading experts in finding the delicious flavors that we all love to eat throughout the year,” said Scottie Mayfield, president emeritus of Mayfield Dairy Farms. “I have tasted all of the seasonal flavors that Maggie has brought back this year, and each flavor captures the essence of what has defined Mayfield Dairy for generations – premium, high-quality and great-tasting dairy products.”
In addition to unveiling the new flavors, Mayfield Dairy has also changed the packaging design for its seasonal ice creams to share a small piece of the various adventures Maggie experienced while researching and finding these creative flavors.
Thanks to the enduring efforts of Maggie the Cow, Mayfield Dairy will introduce five new seasonal flavors this year, each with a limited time of availability while supplies last. Here are the beloved tastes for the 2015 seasonal flavors:
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: For her first expedition, Maggie the Cow decided to travel to the highest, most distant reaches of the Cumberland Plateau in search of a mystical meadow where cherries and chocolate chips live in harmony. After stumbling upon this hidden meadow on Sand Mountain, Maggie walked throughout a beautiful field of cherry blossoms when a crack of thunder started a downpour of chocolate chips. For this unique flavor, Maggie brought back some of this magic to create a unique blend of delicious cherry ice cream and sweet maraschino cherries that is topped off with bits of chocolate chips. (available through May)
- Yellow Brick Road: For her summer vacation, Maggie the Cow decided to explore the depths of Lookout Mountain, Tenn. by visiting the world famous Ruby Falls. After gazing at the beautiful waterfall, Maggie walked down the staircase to see what was behind the majestic waterfall. As she passed through the wall of water, Maggie quickly realized that she, just like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, had discovered a hidden pathway to the Land of Oz. While walking along the winding Yellow Brick Road, Maggie came upon endless fields of chocolate covered peanuts. Maggie quickly realized mixing the chocolate covered peanuts with Mayfield’s creamy, classic Vanilla Ice Cream would make a delicious seasonal flavor so she clicked her ruby red slippers together three times and repeated, “There is no place like home” so she could bring this delightful flavor to ice cream lovers throughout the South. (available May – July)
- Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream: Destined to become an all-time favorite, Maggie the Cow discovered this enchanting flavor in South Carolina while traveling through the historic areas of Charleston. While walking the beaches of Sullivan's Island, Maggie discovered a treasure chest buried long ago by a famous sea salt maker. Inside the chest were bowls of caramel cheese cake flavored ice cream and jars of cheesecake bits covered with a sea salt caramel sauce. Since she was famished, Maggie quickly swirled everything together to make one of the most wonderful flavors that ice cream lovers throughout the South can now enjoy. (available August - October)
- Eggnog Flavored Custard: While vacationing in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., Maggie rescued a lost reindeer that that had somehow lost his way to the North Pole and was now walking in an isolated valley near the Great Smoky Mountains. After pulling some strings, Maggie made travel arrangements so the reindeer could return to the North Pole in time to train for the holiday season. To show her appreciation, Mrs. Claus made a special trip to visit Maggie and shared some her beloved eggnog custard. After sampling this creamy and delicious treat, Maggie caught the holiday spirit and decided to bring back this classic flavor so the whole family could enjoy this festive taste during the holiday season. (available October - December)
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream: Maggie the Cow discovered this flavor while snow skiing throughout the Great Smoky Mountains during the winter months. After a long day of skiing at the Cataloochee Ski Resort, Maggie was taking a relaxing walk near Blue Ridge Lake in North Georgia when she noticed a hidden cove lined with red and green peppermint pieces. Maggie quickly fell in love with the delicious, refreshing taste and frosty chill of eating peppermint. This wonderful taste is why Maggie decided to bring back this bold flavor as one of the seasonal flavors this year. Plus, Maggie loved its versatility as an ingredient for many of the family desserts that we all make during the holiday season, such as pies, punches and shakes. (available October - January)
In addition to introducing five new seasonal favors, Mayfield Dairy is also pleased to announce the addition of Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches and Mint Brown Cows, which will be available throughout the year. Maggie the Cow discovered this new flavor during her last expedition that took her to the Arctic Circle. While walking with her friends among the icebergs, Maggie was introduced to the cool, delicious taste of mint mixed with chocolate chips. Maggie quickly realized this uplifting taste would make a perfect seasonal flavor for Mayfield’s all-time, best-selling novelties – Ice Cream Sandwiches and Brown Cows.
Mayfield continued, “Maggie the Cow has discovered some of the most unique, delicious flavors for our seasonal ice creams and novelties this year. Throughout the years, I have always enjoyed sharing the latest seasonal flavors with my friends and family, and I look forward to hearing stories of how people are creating their own cherished memories when sharing the seasonal flavors with their family and friends.”
# # #
The Johnson Group
(423) 424-3068... Office
(423) 290.-1470... Cell
About Mayfield Dairy Farms:
Founded in 1910, Mayfield Dairy Farms offers a full line of milk, cultured and ice cream products. Based in Athens, TN, the dairy serves ten southeastern states and is owned by Dean Foods. For more information, please visit www.MayfieldDairy.com.