Nordic Entertainment Group leadership team appointed
- Appointments follow announcement of proposed split of MTG and listing of Nordic Entertainment Group
- Reflects ambition to develop and invest in Nordic Entertainment Group’s fully integrated broadcasting, digital communication and content production capabilities
Following the announcement of the process to initiate a split of MTG into two companies, MTG and Nordic Entertainment Group, the Nordic Entertainment Group leadership team has now been established. All Group leadership team members will report in to Anders Jensen, the President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group.
Nordic Entertainment Group will comprise MTG’s current Nordic Entertainment and MTG Studios business segments, as well as Splay Networks. This unique entertainment ecosystem includes the Viasat pay-TV operations, the Viaplay and Viafree streaming services, MTG’s free-TV channels and radio stations, 30 production companies and Splay’s social video and influencer networks.
Anders Jensen, currently MTG Executive Vice President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment and future President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group: “These talented and committed leaders have the skills, experience and attitude required to realise our high ambitions for Nordic Entertainment Group. We are ensuring continuity in our country organisations and central functions, while driving even clearer commercial alignment across the business with the new Group Chief Commercial Officer role. This Group is a one of its kind in the media space and we are setting the organisation right in order to be able to deliver the most engaging experiences for all of our stakeholders.”
The Group leadership team for Nordic Entertainment Group will be as follows, effective 1 July 2018:
- Kim Poder, EVP, Group Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), CEO Denmark. As Group CCO, Kim Poder will be responsible for driving Nordic Entertainment Group’s commercial strategy and execution. Kim Poder is currently CEO of MTG Denmark.
- Matthew Hooper, EVP, Group Head of Corporate Affairs (including responsibility for Investor Relations), CEO UK. As CEO UK with immediate effect, Matthew Hooper will be responsible for the management of MTG’s and subsequently Nordic Entertainment Group’s UK based operations. Matthew Hooper is currently MTG EVP and Group Head of Corporate Communications.
- Gabriel Catrina, EVP, Group Chief Strategy Officer and Head of M&A. Gabriel Catrina is currently MTG Chief Strategy Officer.
- Jakob Mejlhede, EVP, Group Head of Content. Jakob Mejlhede is currently MTG EVP and Head of Programming and Content Development.
- Morten Aass, SVP, CEO Norway. Morten Aass is currently CEO of MTG Norway.
- Mathias Norrback, SVP, CEO Finland. Mathias Norrback is currently CEO of Viasat Finland.
- Morten Mogensen will continue in his current role of CEO of nice entertainment group.
- Alexander Bastin, SVP, Head of Viaplay and Viafree. Alexander Bastin is currently MTG SVP and Head of Viaplay and Viafree.
- Susan Gustafsson, SVP, Group General Counsel. Susan Gustafsson is currently MTG Group General Counsel.
- Kaj af Kleen, SVP, Group Chief Technology and Product Officer. As Group Chief Technology and Product Officer, Kaj af Kleen will be responsible for driving the Group’s continued leadership in product, design, data and technology across all platforms. Kaj af Kleen is currently MTG SVP and Head of Technology for Viaplay and Viafree.
- Kim Mikkelsen, SVP, Group Head of Sport. Kim Mikkelsen is currently MTG Denmark Head of Sport. Peter Nørrelund, currently MTG EVP and CEO of MTG Sport, will be an advisor to the President and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group, focusing on the company’s sports rights portfolio. Peter Nørrelund will also continue as MTG EVP after the company split.
- Jennie Jacobs, SVP, Group and UK Head of Human Resources. Jennie Jacobs is currently MTG UK Head of Human Resources.
As previously announced, Filippa Wallestam has been appointed MTG SVP and CEO of Sweden and the future SVP and CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group Sweden.
The recruitment of the Chief Financial Officer for Nordic Entertainment Group, as well as for certain leadership positions for the remaining MTG, is ongoing. The Board of Directors of Nordic Entertainment Group will also be announced in due course.
About the split of MTG
On 23 March 2018 it was announced that the Board of Directors of MTG has decided to initiate a process to split MTG into two companies – Modern Times Group MTG AB and Nordic Entertainment Group – by distributing all the shares in Nordic Entertainment Group to MTG’s shareholders, and listing these shares on Nasdaq Stockholm.
The Board intends to propose the distribution and listing of the shares at an Extraordinary General Meeting of its shareholders during the second half of 2018. The Board’s final proposal will be subject to the previously announced combination of MTG’s Nordic Entertainment and MTG Studios businesses with TDC Group not being completed.
More information about the split can be found here.
NOTES TO EDITORS
MTG (Modern Times Group MTG AB (publ)) is a leading international digital entertainment group and we are shaping the future of entertainment by connecting consumers with the content that they love in as many ways as possible. Our brands span TV, radio and next generation entertainment experiences in esports, digital video content and online gaming. Born in Sweden, our shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’).