Fuel Cell charger JAQ is IEC-certified
Today myFC confirmed that the entire JAQ-charger’s system has passed the IEC tests.
The JAQ-system consists of the fuel cell charger JAQ together with the PowerCard, generating electricity for smartphones, tablets and other USB compatible electronics with the help of material including water and salt. The entire JAQ-system, as well as the PowerCards, has passed the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) tests, which confirms that the product is CE approved – a requirement for products in the EU.
”The fact that the entire JAQ-system is IEC-certified is a crucial milestone for us. The certification work will continue for each new PowerCard we commercialize, according to current guidelines. This applies to new chargers as well as future integrated fuel cells,” says Björn Westerholm, CEO of myFC.
The first commercialized card is expected to be certified and ready for the approaching delivery after the complete IEC-certification. The certification means that the JAQ-system is compatible and harmonized with applicable regulations within the EU as well as outside the EU:
- Electro Magnetic Capability Directive (EMC), 2014/30/EU
- General Product Safety Directive (GPS), 2001/95/EC
- Reduction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS), 2011/65/EU
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE), 2012/19/EU.
- EN 61000-6-1:2007 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-1: Generic standards – Immunity for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments
- EN 61000-6-3:2007, A1:2011, AC:2012 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 6-3: Generic standards – Emission standard for residential, commercial and light-industrial environments
- EN 60950:2006 Safety Information technology equipment
- * IEC 62282-6-100 Fuel cell technologies, Micro fuel cell power
For more information, please contact:
Björn Westerholm, CEO
Phone: +46 (0) 706 56 20 07
myFC is a Swedish innovation company that develops energy solutions using fuel cell technology. The company has launched several portable fuel cell chargers for small electronics such as cell phones, cameras and tablets. Fuel cells use environmentally friendly technology that enables instant charging from a depleted battery state without needing a wall charge. myFC was founded in 2005, has its head office in Stockholm and was listed on the NASDAQ First North in May 2014. The company’s Certified Advisor is Remium Nordic AB. To learn more, please visit www.myfcpower.com