Interim Report New Wave Group AB (publ) - JANUARY–JUNE 2014
PERIOD 1 APRIL – 30 JUNE 2014
- Sales amounted to SEK 983 million, which was slightly lower than last year (SEK 995 million).
- Acquired business contributed by SEK 5 million in turnover and SEK -1.3 million in result for the period.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 48.0 (70.2) million.
- Result for the period amounted to SEK 29.4 (38.9) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.44 (0.60).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK -27.7 (41.8) million.
PERIOD 1 JANUARY – 30 JUNE 2014
- Sales amounted to SEK 1,892 million, which was slightly higher than last year (SEK 1,873 million).
- Acquired business contributed by SEK 14 million in turnover and SEK -1.2 million in result for the period.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 42.1 (86.3) million.
- Result for the period amounted to SEK 18.1 (39.0) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.27 (0.60).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 61.1 (147.9) million.
- Equity ratio improved by 3.2 percentage points and amounted to 49.2 (46.0) %.
- Net debt decreased by 10.4 percentage points and amounted to 62.9 (73.3) %.
The second quarter was a disappointment. Even if I believed in a weak quarter, I had still expected a profit of SEK 20 million better. I believe, however, that third and fourth quarter will show better performance. However, there is uncertainty in this (see below under Future & risk).
SALES & MARKETING
Sales were hampered to some extent, and for the last time, of some stock shortages. It was otherwise largely as expected, except that the United States was below our expectations. The silver lining is that the promo sales channel is beginning to improve, the disappointment was above all retail and USA. We have made the necessary investments to create growth for the next quarters and we believe we will achieve it.
The result is clearly a disappointment, as we have increased the cost of sales and marketing, we should have achieved higher sales and a better result. Even the gross profit margin was lower than planned.
CASH FLOW AND BALANCE SHEET
We continue to have a very strong balance sheet and are well positioned for growth - but we have to increase inventories in several of our companies and brands.
FUTURE & RISK
I see a bright future in the coming quarters and years. We have already done much to position ourselves for growth and good results. In the short term the risk is that it may take longer than expected before all measures produce results. So even if I see positive for the coming quarters, there is a risk that there may be another disappointment before the current development turns. But the actions we do in terms of expansion of the sales force, increased marketing, new product launches and inventory build-up, we have to do in order to become long-term strong and grow again - even if the price is that we continue to worsen the result somewhat over one or more quarters.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
CEO Torsten Jansson
Phone: 031–712 89 01
CFO Lars Jönsson
Phone: 031–712 89 12
The information in this report is that which New Wave Group is required to disclose under the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Trading Act. The information was released for publication at 7 am (CET) on 21 August 2014.