Nexam Chemical Holding AB (publ) Interim Financial Report 1 January – 30 June 2017
Sales record in the second quarter
Second quarter at a glance
- The highest sales ever in the company´s history for a single quarter.
- Delivery completed to additional production facility at existing pipe customer at the same time as access to specific polyethylene is holding back volume growth. Alternative suppliers are under evaluation.
- Funding from Vinnova granted for development of graphene-modified composites for long-term and high temperature applications together with SWEREA Sicomp.
- Nexam Chemical approved for listing on Nasdaq First North Premier.
- Net sales for the second quarter totaled SEK 4,577,000 (4,242,000).
- The operating loss for the second quarter SEK -5,791,000 (-5,728,000).
- In comparison to the beginning of the year, cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 118,983,000 (133,147,000).
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK -4,762,000 (-6,783,000).
Lund 18 August, 2017
The Board of Directors
These financial statements have not been reviewed by the Company´s auditor.
Note: This press release has been translated from Swedish. The Swedish text shall govern for all purposes and prevail in case of any discrepancy with the English version.
For further information please contact:
Anders Spetz, CEO, +46-703 47 97 00, firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is information that Nexam Chemical Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on August 18, 2017.
About Nexam Chemical
Nexam Chemical develops technology and products that make it possible to significantly improve the production process and properties of most types of plastics in a cost-effective manner and with retained production technology. The improved properties include strength, toughness, temperature and chemical resistance as well as service life. The improvements in properties that can be achieved by using Nexam Chemical's technology make it possible to replace metals and other heavier or more expensive materials with plastics in a number of applications. In applications where plastic is already used, Nexam Chemicals products can improve the manufacturing process, reducing material use and enable more environmental friendly alternatives. Example of commercial applications: pipe manufacturing, foam production and high-performance plastics. More information about the business will be found on www.nexamchemical.com. The company´s Certified Adviser is FNCA Sweden AB.