First Quarter Report 2012
29 May 2012
Norse Energy Corp. ASA ("NEC" ticker code OSE - NEC, Oslo, Norway, U.S. OTCQX symbol "NSEEY") and its subsidiaries ("Norse Energy" or "the Company") today reported results for the first quarter ended 31 March 2012.
First Quarter Highlights
- In March 2012, the Company announced that it had entered into an agreement to sell its operated production, ~23,000 held by production (“HBP”) or owned acres (in which Norse retains a 37.5% working interest in the deep Utica formation), associated gathering system, and pipeline rights of way in Central New York for total cash consideration to Norse of USD 37 million subject to closing adjustments and with an effective date of the transaction of 1 January 2012. The transaction was closed on 16 May 2012 with estimated net proceeds of approximately USD 34.5 million after all adjustments and fees. The cash consideration received was used to fund the bond debt prepayment resulting from the restructuring that the Company announced on 28 February 2012. The terms of the restructuring required a prepayment of NEC02/04/05/06 bonds at par plus accrued interest (~USD 34.9 million).
- In February 2012, the Company announced it had reached a refinancing agreement with its bondholders constituting a majority in each of the NEC02/04/05 bond issues. The Company issued new convertible bonds with principal amount USD 21 million, where the bonds have been settled by conversion of a corresponding principal amount of NEC02/04/05 bonds (pro rata). The convertible debt has a strike of NOK 0.37 per share (subject to adjustment clauses), carries a 5% coupon, is 3 years in duration, contains a call provision, and is secured by the shares in Norse's wholly owned subsidiary, Norse Energy Holdings Inc. (NEHI). The remainder of the outstanding bonds was prepaid in May as described above.
- In February 2012, the Company completed the conversion of a total of ~USD 22 million of bond debt to shareholder equity at a significant premium to market price per share.
- In February 2012, the Company announced increased reserves and resources as certified by Schlumberger Data and Consulting Services.
- Total 1P Proved Reserves as of 31 December 2011 increased from ~34.4 Bcf. to ~43.4 Bcf. compared to 31 December 2010, an increase of ~26%.
- Total 2P Reserves as of 31 December 2011 increased from ~41.0 Bcf to ~60.3 Bcf. compared to 31 December 2010, an increase of ~47%.
- Total 2C Contingent Resources as of 31 December 2011 increased from ~3.9 TCF (~697 MMBOE) to ~4.9 TCFE (~880 MMBOE) compared to 31 December 2010, an increase of ~26%.
- Western New York 2C Contingent Resources, newly certified, totaling ~0.9 TCFE (~164 MMBOE) comprise of ~0.7 Tcf of gas (~116 MMBOE) and ~48 MMBbls of oil.
- Central New York 2C Contingent Resources increased from ~3.9 Tcf (~697 MMBOE) to ~4.0 Tcf (~715 MMBOE), an increase of ~3%, inclusive of the 12/31/2011 divestiture
- Following the sale of the Herkimer assets and continued technical review, the Company’s 2C Contingent Resources are internally estimated to be 5.2 Tcfe (917 MMBOE). The identification of additional resources in Western New York are internally estimated to have more than offset the decrease attributed to the sale.
- As of 31 March 2011, the Company's cash balance was ~USD 7.1 million. The current cash position is believed to be sufficient to fund the Company into the third quarter of 2012.
- EBITDA for the first quarter was USD -3.9 million compared with USD -4.6 million in Q1-2011.
The fourth quarter report and presentation materials are available through the following web links and through the Company’s website www.norseenergy.com :
First Quarter 2012 Live and On Demand Webcast
For further information please contact:
J. Chris Steinhauser, Chief Financial Officer
Direct: +1 716 218 2048
S. Dennis Holbrook, Chief Legal Officer
Direct: +1 716 218 4210