Live Like Royalty in this $2.499M Scottish-Inspired Castle
ATLANTA, GA (August 19, 2016) – A $2.499 million estate, inspired by the castles of England and Scotland, has been listed by Toni Itkin of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage’s Buckhead West Paces Ferry office. Located at 3863 Streamside Drive SE in Marietta near Sope Creek, the spacious estate boasts many custom and antique qualities from the entry door taken from a 1700s-era English castle to the hand-carved Honduran mahogany interior doors and hand-hewn beams. .
“This home is unlike anything else I’ve seen in the Atlanta area,” said Itkin. “Aspects of the home are modeled after several different castles, but the most prominent influences come from the 1770s home of Sir Walter Scott.”
The estate rests on a cul-de-sac, offering seclusion and a quiet retreat. The entryway bears a stone plaque that reads “Rien Trouvant Gaineray Tout,” translating to “Finding nothing I must earn everything,” the same words that can be found above the Fountain Abbey Castle of Manchester, England, circa 800 AD.
Stepping inside the 13,700-square-foot home, there are five bedrooms, five full bathrooms and three partial bathrooms. A carriage apartment offers an additional bedroom and bathroom plus living space. Unique and authentic features include:
• Hand-carved mahogany staircase and antique chandelier in the foyer. All wainscot walls and window trim throughout the home are Honduran mahogany;
• All 55 interior doors have been hand-carved by English Masters trained in Gibraltar;
• 24-carat gilded bronze antique chandelier and mahogany-inset hardwood floors in the banquet-sized dining room;
• Antique chandelier with cut-glass crystals from Spain, antique sconces, oversized fireplace with hand-carved mahogany mantle and marble from a French castle, and a 25’ vaulted ceiling with hand-hewn wood beams in the great room;
• Climate-controlled wine cellar with room for over 1,500 bottles, inlaid with antique brick from South Carolina, and a separate tasting room;
• Collectors gallery overlooking the two-story recreation area with two-story stone fireplace
A chef’s kitchen provides modern amenities including an island, Viking six-burner gas cooktop, Viking double ovens, SubZero refrigerator and a farmhouse sink. The master suite features a fireplace with an antique mantle, reading space with a wall of windows overlooking Sope Creek and a covered patio.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is a leading residential real estate brokerage company with 10 offices and more than 800 sales associates serving the communities of Greater Atlanta. Worldwide, the Coldwell Banker network includes 3,000 offices with nearly 85,000 sales associates. Every day, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage properties are exposed to 16 million buyers on more than 725 high-traffic websites. For more information or to view local properties, visit ColdwellBankerHomes.com. To learn more about a career in real estate or affiliating with Coldwell Banker, visit CareersCB.com. Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage is a subsidiary of NRT LLC, the nation’s largest residential real estate brokerage company.###