Freshman Scholarships Now Available at OCCC
Oklahoma City Community College (OCCC) awards thousands of dollars in scholarship money each year to a number of students, including incoming college freshmen. With the Freshman Scholarship deadline set for Thursday, March 1, now is the time to apply as well as submit all materials for the fall 2013 semester. The scholarship application is for 2013 high school graduating seniors.
Steps students should take:
- Visit www.occc.edu/admissions/scholarship-freshmen.html and click on Freshman Scholarships to download the application.
- Mark the March 1, 2013 scholarship application deadline on your calendar.
- Complete and double check the application checklist (also listed below).
"There are numerous opportunities for students to qualify for both financial assistance and scholarships at OCCC,” Jon Horinek, recruitment and admissions director, said. “Our programs combined with our affordable tuition make a college education well within the reach of all students. High school seniors should apply now."
The Freshman Scholarship is a one-year scholarship for a total of 30 credit hours (excluding fees). To be considered, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 or have an ACT composite score of 20 or higher. As well, applicants should demonstrate active involvement in high school and/or community activities.
Scholarship application checklist – students must:
- Submit a completed and signed scholarship application
- Submit a completed and signed application for admission
- Submit a personal essay – this in an opportunity to introduce yourself to OCCC by writing a one page personal essay revealing who you are, where your interests lie and what your goals are for the future
- Submit two letters of recommendation – these letters are required to complete a scholarship application packet. At least one letter must be written by a high school teacher, counselor or principal.
- Submit all official high school transcripts - including the first semester of the senior year (seven semesters total). Transcripts should state overall grade point average and class ranking.
- Submit an official college transcript of course completion – if students have completed college course work while in high school
- Submit a copy of official ACT scores
Students should submit all forms and requested documents to the office of Recruitment and Admissions, Oklahoma City Community College, 7777 South May Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73159-4444.
For more information or questions, please call OCCC at (405) 682-OCCC, or e-mail the college at email@example.com.