OKI Data Americas Announces Availability of PaperCut MF Software Solution, Offering Device Security, Confidential Printing and Enhanced Cost Control
PaperCut MF is compatible with OKI’s single and multifunction printers and open platform devices
Mount Laurel, NJ (May 6, 2013) — OKI Data Americas today announced the availability of PaperCut™ MF, a print job accounting and management software which works with OKI® single- and multifunction printers (MFPs), and open platform MFPs. Designed to support work environments of all sizes, the PaperCut MF software solution helps organizations accurately and conveniently account for – and recoup the costs of – printing and copying. Papercut MF can be combined with a variety of card reader systems available through OKI for easy authentication.
By offering PaperCut MF, OKI Data delivers a robust software solution which reduces cost, maintains control, and better manages printing devices. The solution will allow organizations to automatically purge unreleased print jobs reducing waste and minimizing print expenses. Other vital cost savings include enforcing individual print limits, requiring duplex printing, forcing black and white printing, and redirecting large print jobs to high-volume copier-based devices. All of these savings reduce total cost of ownership for virtually any work environment from healthcare to education and government to finance.
"OKI Data Americas is pleased to offer PaperCut MF to our existing and prospective customers. All of our printing devices and solutions are designed to optimize workplace performance and deliver a compelling value proposition for organizations of all sizes," said Doug August, Senior Manager Industry Solutions at OKI Data Americas. "With OKI Data printers and complementary solutions including PaperCut, we will help customers realize immediate improvements in terms of productivity, costs and functionality."
PaperCut MF is intuitive and easy to use, and includes the following features and functionality:
- “Find Me” Secure Print Release – “Find Me” secure print release protects the privacy of confidential documents while reducing the amount of unclaimed printouts. “Find Me” lets users retrieve a printed document from a PaperCut MF enabled device by swiping a card or entering a user name or password.
- iPad® Mobile and Driverless Web Printing – PaperCut MF provides native iPad print support and web based driverless printing as part of the core application.
- Mobile Print Release Application – Mobile Print Release adds a convenient and cost-effective alternative to card readers, user names and passwords by using any smartphone to release queued print jobs.
- Detailed Reporting – PaperCut MF includes more than 50 pre-formatted reports available for online viewing, printing or exporting. The reports address all areas ranging from detailed page logs to summaries by user, department, device or environmental impact.
- Embedded Device Support – Multi-vendor fleets are easily supported with PaperCut’s extensive portfolio of embedded software which runs on popular copiers and MFPs, including OKI’s open platform MFPs.
All editions of PaperCut MF software – Commercial, Education and Professional Billing – are available through standard distribution. A free 40-day trial version of PaperCut can be downloaded from www.okidata.com/papercut-overview.
OKI Data provides live[i], toll-free technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, with agents based in North America. In addition, OKI Data’s live chat feature is available to customers within the US and Canada seeking online support on weekdays during normal business hours within the Eastern time zone.
[i] Available in the US and Canada only.
About OKI Data Americas
OKI Data Americas, headquartered in Mount Laurel, NJ, and a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, markets PC peripheral equipment and customized solutions under the OKI® brand, including digital color and monochrome printers, color and monochrome multifunction products, serial impact dot matrix printers, thermal label printers and POS printers, as well as a full line of options, accessories and consumables. Utilizing Genuine OKI® toner ensures consistent, reliable and high-quality output that maximizes performance. OKI Data Americas also serves the graphic arts & production market with the OKI proColor™ Series. In addition, OKI offers a full portfolio of products built to optimize managed print engagements.OKI Data Americas takes a consultative approach to supporting every customer's needs and delivering individualized print solutions that optimize business performance. The company's innovative technology is backed by Tokyo-based parent company OKI Electric Industry, a leader in telecom, infrastructure and mechatronics systems; and an approximately $5.2 billion multinational corporation according to its FY 2011 financial reporting. Keeping its customers' needs top of mind, OKI Data Americas is ISO 9001:2008 certified and offers a selection of ENERGY STAR® certified products.
# # #
OKI, Reg. OKI Electric Industry Co., Ltd. ENERGY STAR Reg. T.M. U.S. EPA. proColor, T.M., OKI Data Americas. iPad, Reg T.M., Apple, Inc. PaperCut MF, Reg T.M., PaperCut Software International Pty Ltd.