OMX – Interim report January-September 2007 Strong profit growth
• Revenues during January–September increased by 23 percent to SEK 3,192 m (2,585)
• Operating income rose by 23 percent to SEK 1,053 m (856)
• Income after financial items rose by 22 percent to SEK 994 m (812)
• Income after tax rose by 28 percent to SEK 786 m (615)
• Earnings per share rose by 25 percent to SEK 6.46 (5.17)
• Return on shareholders’ equity rose to 23 percent (17)
• Increased exchange trading – the most active summer quarter ever
• Continued strong growth in information revenues
• First technology customer in South America
“The third quarter was yet another strong quarter for OMX. Operating income rose by 34 percent
compared with the year-earlier period. It is particularly gratifying that profit, excluding capital gains, also increased compared with the second quarter of 2007, since the third quarter is normally a seasonally weaker quarter. In addition, it is highly positive that all business areas contributed to the increase in earnings,” says Magnus Böcker, President and CEO of OMX.
OMX’s interim report for the period January-September 2007 is presented on the following pages. The report is also available at www.omxgroup.com.
A press and analyst briefing will be held today at 11:00 a.m. CET at OMX’s premises at Tullvaktsvägen 15, Stockholm. For anyone unable to attend, it is possible to participate via teleconference on the following numbers, Sweden: +46 (0) 850 520 270, UK: +44 (0) 208 817 9301, USA: +1 718 354 1226. The report will be presented by OMX’s President and CEO Magnus Böcker and CFO Kristina Schauman.