onOne Software Announces First Mobile Photo Effects App: Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad
Recreate Looks of Time-Honored Darkroom Processes and Renowned Black and White Photographers on the iPhone and iPad
Portland, OR – April 17, 2013 – onOne Software, Inc ., the leading developer and provider of photo effects for everyone, has announced Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad , its first mobile photo effects app. Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad gives users the ability to create and share stunning black and white images wherever they are with their mobile devices, with one-tap presets and photo editing tools.
The one-tap presets in Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad let you instantly get the looks of such renowned photographers such as Ansel Adams and Henri Cartier-Bresson, add the clarity and sharpness of HDR images, infuse the romance of vintage Hollywood, and more. They match presets available in onOne Software’s desktop version of Perfect B&W, letting users create the same look for their photos, regardless of the device. For mobile photographers who want finer control, Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad has advanced options for adding or adjusting glows, sharpening, toners, vignettes and more. Once a user has dialed in that special look, it can be saved as a preset that can be used again and again.
“We couldn’t be more excited about this new app,” said Craig Keudell, president of onOne Software. “It allows simply anyone who loves to snap pictures with their iPhones and iPads the ability to create beautiful black and white images, a craft that was once limited to trained and experienced film photographers. Plus, it’s a milestone for us to design a mobile app that can add effects to images that are as stunning as those created with our desktop photo effects software.”
Key Features of Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad
- One-Tap Presets: Start with a collection of 18 presets that mimic classic black-and-white photo techniques and toning processes. These presets can be previewed and applied on an image taken with the built-in camera, or instantly added to an image from the Camera Roll with a single tap. These presets match ones also found in onOne Software’s desktop version of Perfect B&W, making it easy for users to get the same styling, whether they’re on their iPhone, iPad, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Advanced Adjustment Controls: Users can create their own monochromatic look with touch-sliders that adjust levels of brightness, contrast and detail; add the effect of color filters; replicate the look of sepia, copper, cyanotype, and selenium toners; and add grain, glow, vignettes, and more.
- Save a Personal Preset: If a user makes personal adjustments to an existing preset or creates a unique look from scratch, they can save it as a preset, to use again and again.
- In-App Camera:
The convenient built-in camera integrates essential iOS camera tools, such as Auto Flash, AE/AF Lock, volume button shutter release, and utilizes both the standard and front-facing cameras. The app also includes the following features to help improve composition and image capture:
- Live Preview: See your scene on your screen in black and white so you can stylize it on the spot. The Live Preview lets you see how a preset looks on your subject so you can select your favorite look before you even fire.
- Rule of Thirds Grid: Select to show a 3x3 grid on your screen while you’re shooting so you can align your shot and create the right composition.
- Shooting Modes: Choose between the Single Shot and Continuous Shooting modes. The Single Shot lets you take a picture and immediately start editing, while the Continuous Shooting mode lets you capture multiple shots, so you don’t miss a photo opp.
- Auto Save Color: You can also keep a color version of each picture you take. Both the color and black and white versions will be saved into your Camera Roll for convenient, anytime access.
- Social Media Sharing: Share your black and white masterpiece with friends, family, and fans by posting them directly to Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter, or send them via email—straight from the Perfect B&W for iPhone or iPad.
Perfect B&W for iPhone and iPad will be available on the Apple App Store in mid-April. It will be priced at $1.99.
Press Contact: Amy Chan, onOne Software, email@example.com , 503-968-1468 x 137
General Press Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Press Center: www.ononesoftware.com/press
onOne Software Blog: www.ononesoftware.com/blog
Google : www.ononesoftware.com/plus
About onOne Software
onOne Software, Inc., is a leading developer of photo effects software and apps for anyone who enjoys making their pictures look great. onOne Software products include effects and presets that enhance and stylize images with sought-after photographic looks of yesterday and today, and powerful photo editing tools that allow users to fine tune effects to create personalized and unique looks of their own. Our apps are designed to help users create amazing images wherever and whenever they are taking pictures, on any device.
onOne Software solutions include a range of easy-to-use desktop standalone applications; plug-in software for Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture; apps for the iPhone and iPad; and Lightroom presets. Founded in 2005, onOne Software is a privately held company located in Portland, Oregon. For additional information, visit