GET CRAFTY THIS CHRISTMAS WITH RUST-OLEUM
Christmas is a time to get crafty. Whether you’re making your own decorations or simply wish to breathe new life into tried old items, Rust-Oleum has everything you need to get inspired and ensure a top quality finish.
We have a very large selection of colours including metallics to fit with the festive theme. We chose to celebrate Christmas in a traditional and timeless style with hues of red and metallic gold and silver.
The Rust-Oleum webpage www.rustoleumspraypaint.com is filled with inspiring craft ideas and here are some of our favourites:
1. Revitalise decorations which looking a little worse for wear by giving them a whole new lease of life with Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint and Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Craft Enamel in festive Balmoral Gloss red (or Oxford Green).
2. Create a festive cake stand with Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint. Perfect for mince pies or chocolate logs, we’ve decorated ours with festive berry baubles, sprayed in Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Craft Enamel in Balmoral Gloss red.
3. Reinvent old candlesticks or ornaments and give them their sparkle back for the festive season with Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Craft Enamel in Gold and Silver Metallic
What you will need
- Rust-Oleum Metallic Spray Paint or Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Craft Enamel in your chosen colour
- Rust-Oleum Surface Primer (on bare wood or metal)
- Newspaper/ dust sheets
How to bling your candlesticks
1. Move the object(s) to be painted to a well-ventilated area and place on top of newspaper or a dust sheet. Protect the surrounding area with additional dust sheets or newspaper.
2. Ensure surfaces to be painted are free from loose paint, rust, wax, oil and grease. Previously painted surfaces should be sanded to remove excess paint. Bare wood and metal should be primed with Rust-Oleum Surface Primer following the instructions on the tin
3. Using your selected Rust-Oleum product, hold the can approximately 30cm from the surface of the object(s) and spray in a steady back and forth motion, slightly overlapping with each stroke. For best results, whilst spraying keep the can the same distance from the surface and keep the can in motion. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart.
For our guide on how to spray your candlesticks or ornaments, please visit www.rustoleumspraypaint.com/how-to-guide/how-to-spray-paint-candlesticks
Rust-Oleum products are available from Homebase, B&Q and other leading stockists.
Media Contacts – Emma Campbell, Ellie McParlin at O PR
Rust-Oleum is a household name and the number one premium brand of aerosol paints in the USA. As a UK subsidiary of Rust-Oleum, Tor Coatings manufactures and markets the Rust-Oleum range of spray paints from its purpose-built facility in County Durham. Formulated using Rust-Oleum’s cutting edge spray paint technology, the products showcased in this website deliver groundbreaking functionality and performance previously unseen in the UK paint market.
For more information on Tor Coatings, please visit www.tor-coatings.com