Year-end report 2017
Solid growth with several projects under development
January - December 2017
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,857.5 million (1,697.2), a revenue growth of 9.4 percent. Adjusted for acquisitions and FX, the organic revenue growth amounted to 3.8 percent.
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 308.1 million (332.0), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 16.6 percent (19.5).
- Net financial income/expense includes net foreign exchange differences of SEK -39.0 million (53.4).
- Profit for the year amounted to SEK 73.8 million (85.4).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 0.27 (0.29).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 185.7 million (204.2).
- The Board proposes a dividend of SEK 0.05 (0.12) per share.
October – December 2017
- Net sales amounted to SEK 496.0 million (430.3), a revenue growth of 15.3 percent. Adjusted for acquisitions and FX, the organic revenue growth was 9.9 percent.
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 62.4 million (67.8), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 12.5 percent (15.7).
- Net financial income/expense includes net foreign exchange differences of SEK -15.4 million (33.6).
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 24.5 million (21.4).
- Earnings per share after dilution amounted to SEK 0.09 (0.08).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 34.8 million (39.2).
Notable events during the fourth quarter
- Opus issued USD 50 million L/C backed bonds in the U.S.
- Opus received notice of contract extension from the New York Taxi & Limousine Commission.
- Opus raised a USD 25 million five-year credit facility.
Notable events after the end of the period
- Opus acquired the U.S. vehicle inspection company Gordon-Darby.
This information is information that Opus Group AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:30 CET on February 16, 2018.
For additional information, please contact:
Lothar Geilen, CEO
Tel: +46 31 748 34 00
Director of Corporate Communications & Investor Relations
Phone: +46 765 25 84 93
Opus is a technology-driven growth company in the vehicle inspection and intelligent vehicle support markets. The company has a strong focus on customer service and innovative technology within emission and safety testing and intelligent vehicle support. Opus had approximately SEK 1.9 billion in revenues in 2017 with solid operating cash flow and good operating profitability. Opus’ plan is to reach USD 400 million in revenues and USD 100 million in EBITDA by 2021. The majority of the growth is estimated to come from the international expansion of the vehicle inspection business, with a primary focus on the Latin American and Asian markets, and the expansion of the intelligent vehicle support business. With approximately 2,200 employees, Opus is headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Opus has 34 regional offices, 24 of which are in the United States and the others in Sweden, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Pakistan, United Kingdom, Germany and Australia. Opus has production facilities in the U.S. in Hartford, Ann Arbor and Tucson. The Opus share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.