Interim report 1 January – 30 June 2013
3 months ended 30 June 2013
- Local currency sales decreased by 1% and Euro sales decreased by 4% to €359.7m (€373.6m).
- Number of active consultants was constant at 3.5m.
- EBITDA amounted to €42.2m (€50.4m).
- Operating margin was 9.6% (11.6%) and the operating profit was €34.5m (€43.2m).
- Net profit amounted to €19.9m (€31.3m) and EPS amounted to €0.36 (€0.55).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to €29.3m (€29.3m).
- The AGM and EGM were held in Luxembourg on 21 May followed by a dividend payment of €1.75 per share.
- Third quarter update: The underlying sales growth in the third quarter to date is around 3% in local currency.
6 months ended 30 June 2013
- Local currency sales decreased by 1% and Euro sales decreased by 4% to €741.0m (€769.3m).
- EBITDA amounted to €87.4m (€105.4m).
- Operating margin was 9.8% (11.8%) and the operating profit was €72.5m (€90.9m).
- Net profit amounted to €47.9m (€65.8m) and EPS amounted to €0.86 (€1.15).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to €57.7m (€87.3m).
CEO Magnus Brännström comments
“We ended the second quarter weaker than expected, however we see a sales growth of 3% in the third quarter to date, and higher in Russia. The implementation of the improved Success Plan in the CIS looks promising, although the related price changes had an initial negative impact on sales and leverage in the second quarter. Our key future growth markets are performing very well. Initiatives to increase sales and efficiency within the Group are being intensified.”
Conference call for the financial community
The company will host a conference call on Thursday, 15 August at 9.30 CET.
Participant access numbers:
Luxembourg: +352 2 786 0202
Sweden: +46 (0)8 505 564 74
Switzerland: +41 225 675 541
UK: +44 203 364 53 74
US: +1 855 753 22 30
Confirmation code: 850141#
The conference call will also be audio web cast in “listen-only” mode through Oriflame’s website:
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Brännström , Chief Executive Officer, Tel: +352 691 151 930
Gabriel Bennet, Chief Financial Officer, Tel: +41 798 263 713
Anders Ågren , VP Investor Relations, Tel: +46 765 422 353