Interim Report 1 January – 31 March 2017
3 months ended 31 March 2017
- Local currency sales increased by 8% and Euro sales increased by 11% to €340.1m (€305.8m).
- Number of registered actives decreased by 4% to 3.0m.
- EBITDA amounted to €40.4m (€27.7m).
- Operating margin was 8.8% (6.9%), favourably impacted by 90 bps from currencies, and operating profit was €29.8m (€21.1m).
- Net profit increased to €19.5m (€10.7m) and diluted EPS €0.34 (€0.19).
- Cash flow from operating activities was €-1.5m (€21.5m).
- The year to date sales development is approximately 9% in local currency and the development in the second quarter to date is approximately 11% in local currency.
- During the quarter, Oriflame hosted a Capital Markets Day in Stockholm. As part of the day, Oriflame presented an increased level of market disclosure to include the Company’s three largest markets per Business Area as per the 2016 year-end sales results.
Significant events after the end of the quarter
The AGM held on 9 May 2017 resolved that a dividend of €1.50 per share, of which €1.00 (€0.40) per share is to be considered as ordinary and €0.50 to be considered as extra dividend, be distributed and paid in four installments: €0.75 to the shareholders of record on 15 May 2017, €0.25 to the shareholders of record on 15 August 2017, €0.25 to the shareholders of record on 15 November 2017 and €0.25 to the shareholders of record on 15 February 2018.
CEO Magnus Brännström comments
“During Q1 2017 we continued to focus on balancing sustainable sales development with healthy profitability improvements, reporting high single digit underlying growth and double digit Euro growth as well as an increase in net profit of over 80 percent. Our strategic categories – Skin Care and Wellness sets and routines – served as important drivers of growth and price mix development. In addition, our online strategy and the efficiency measures in manufacturing continued to render results. The strong performance in Latin America and Asia & Turkey continued, despite a negative impact in India due to the demonetization. The underlying sales performance in CIS was weaker, although the current currency situation favourably impacted the margins and will allow us to focus further on growth. The local currency sales development for the group in the second quarter-to-date is solid. All in all, a positive start of 2017, even though macroeconomic challenges remain in several markets.”
A Swedish translation is available on www.oriflame.com.
Conference call for the financial community
The Company will host a conference call on Wednesday, 10 May 2017 at 9.30 CET.
Participant access numbers:
SE: +46 (0)856642698
FI: +358 (0)981710491
UK: +44 (0)2030089802
NO: +47 (0)23500252
The conference call will also be audio web cast in “listen-only” mode through Oriflame’s website : www.oriflame.com or through http://oriflame-ir.creo.se/170510
May 10, 2017
Chief Executive Officer
This report has not been audited by the Company´s auditors.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Brännström , Chief Executive Officer Tel: +41 798 263 754
Gabriel Bennet, Chief Financial Officer Tel: +41 798 263 769
Nathalie Redmo , Sr. Manager IR Tel: +41 799 220 173
This information is information that Oriflame Holding AG is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07:15 CET on May 10, 2017.
Oriflame Holding AG
Bleicheplatz 3, CH-8200 Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Company registration no CHE-134.446.883