OxySure (OXYS) Announces Corporate Update
FRISCO, TX -- (Marketwired – May 5, 2015) – OxySure Systems, Inc. (OTCQB: OXYS), (“OxySure,” or the “Company”), a global leader and medical device innovator of life-saving, easy-to-use emergency oxygen solutions with its “oxygen from powder” technology, announced today the release of a corporate update as presented by OxySure's CEO Julian Ross.
Mr. Ross began the update by stating, "This corporate update serves to provide shareholders with an update on our progress so far in 2015, and a sense of some of the initiatives we are focused on for the remainder of the year. Let me begin with the growth plan. We are well on track with our goal of having 30 Territory Sales Managers by the end of 2015. We have just completed another training class of 6 new territory managers, with the next training class of similar size scheduled for June. We believe that our territory managers, combined with our distribution channel will create the opportunity for robust and consistent sales into the future. We reiterate that we have a clear and focused plan for value creation -- short term, low risk pathway, a growing global footprint and a stellar core leadership team in place. We expect to expand this core team in the foreseeable future.”
“Our global footprint is growing and we continue to strengthen and expand our global distribution position, with discussions in progress in several countries including Japan, Singapore, Canada, and South Korea. We continue to believe that our oxygen from powder technology and related solutions represent the only solutions available in the world today to play a much needed role in improving outcomes in millions of medical emergencies. By making it possible for lay persons to administer medical oxygen during those first, critical minutes after a medical emergency, providing initial stabilization while waiting for professional first responders to arrive, improved outcomes have been observed in thousands of cases involving cardiac arrest, asthma exacerbations, COPD exacerbations, respiratory arrest, migraine attacks, allergy attacks, near drowning, poisoning/drug overdose, sports injuries, and a vast array of other minor and serious medical emergency categories.
"We have recently announced events that are milestones in our mission to position our company as a medical device platform for significant growth. These announcements include:
- We have grown our business in 2014 by 35% over 2013 and our average growth rates over the past 3 years was 216%;
- We hired territory managers in several key markets across the country, including Michigan, Arizona, Texas, Georgia, Colorado and Pennsylvania;
- We welcomed Tom Cox, an advisor to leading private equity firms to our Board of Directors;
- We announced various new US distribution agreements, including Stop Heart Attack, Team Life, Health Education Services, Chris Gardner & Associates and Cardio Partner Resources;
- We were invited to Present at the 27th Annual ROTH Conference;
- We announced several key new staff additions at our headquarters; and
- We announced a $1.575 million institutional financing.
Other Developments and Looking ahead
"We believe 2015 will be an exciting and watershed year for us," Mr. Ross adds. "We believe there are some catalytic events in the making, and at the same time we are focused on executing and building the business. We are close to the finish line on a number of our initiatives, both publicly disclosed and non-public initiatives.”
Other activities, goals and milestones include the following:
- We received the fourth of five economic incentives in the amount of $52,000 from the Frisco Economic Development Corporation; we expect to receive the last incentive during the fourth quarter this year to bring the total incentives up to $243,000 (not including landlord incentives totaling $324,000);
- We have exhibited our products at several key tradeshows, including the Prevention Health & Safety Conference in Toronto, the largest workplace health and safety show in Canada; Upcoming tradeshows in 2015 that we plan to exhibit at include the American Society of Engineers (ASSE) in Dallas in June; the National Association of School Nurses (NASN) in Philadelphia in June; the International Medical Trade Fair & Conference (FIME) in Miami in August; the National Safety Congress in Atlanta in August; and the Emergency Cardiovascular Care Update (ECCU) in San Diego in December;
- We have implemented a new customer relationship management (CRM) software platform for our sales team;
- We have added new display cabinet designs to our product line, including cost-effective, OxySure-branded solutions for a single and dual display wall box with rounded corners, as well as a semi-recessed fire rated cabinet with alarm and strobe;
- We have made significant progress in securing marquee customers in various industries: examples include Dolese, Lee Lewis Construction and Chatham Worth in the construction industry; Spectrum Resource in the agriculture industry; and Intercontinental Hong Kong in the hospitality industry; and
- We have made significant progress in regards to our hand held oxygen unit for military combat use and HALO jumps.
“We reiterate that have a clear, focused plan for value creation -- short term, low risk pathway, and a stellar core leadership team in place.
We have intellectual property and trade secrets in place to protect our proprietary innovations.
Our products address significant unmet needs in billion dollar markets.
Our future is defined by the potential of the market, which is very strong. A high growth market provides significant opportunities and we believe we will be well positioned to seize those opportunities,” Mr. Ross concluded.
About OxySure Systems, Inc.
OxySure Systems, Inc. (OXYS) is a medical technology company that focuses on the design, manufacture and distribution of specialty respiratory and medical solutions. The company pioneered a safe and easy to use solution to produce medically pure (USP) oxygen from inert powders. The company owns numerous issued patents and patents pending on this technology which makes the provision of emergency oxygen safer, more accessible and easier to use than traditional oxygen provision systems. OxySure's products improve access to emergency oxygen that affects the survival, recovery and safety of individuals in several areas of need: (1) Public and private places and settings where medical emergencies can occur; (2) Individuals at risk for cardiac, respiratory or general medical distress needing immediate help prior to emergency medical care arrival; and (3) Those requiring immediate protection and escape from exposure situations or oxygen-deficient situations in industrial, mining, military, or other "Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health" (IDLH) environments. www.OxySure.com
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Statements contained in this release that are not historical facts, including, without limitation, statements that relate to the Company's expectations with regard to the future impact on the Company's results from new products in development, may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Words such as "expects", "intends", "plans", "may", "could", "should", "anticipates", "likely", "believes" and words of similar import also identify forward-looking statements. These statements are subject to risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements are based on current facts and analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results, estimates of amounts not yet determined and assumptions of management. Readers are urged not to place undue reliance on the forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this release. Except as may be required under applicable law, we assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect any event or circumstance that may arise after the date of this release. Additional information on risks and other factors that may affect the business and financial results of OxySure Systems, Inc. can be found in the filings of OxySure Systems, Inc. with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Renmark Financial Communications, Inc.
Bettina Filippone: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richard Dupuy: email@example.com
Tel.: (416) 644-2020 or (514) 939-3989
Redchip Companies, Inc.
Jon Cunningham: firstname.lastname@example.org
800-733-2447, ext. 107