First Female Champion in Paf Live Betting
A couple of smart moves were enough for the first female champion to top the Paf Live Betting Championship 2012. The Spanish winner, Giovana Molina Ridaura, won with a considerable lead.
The Paf Live Betting Championship was arranged at Hotel Arkipelag in Mariehamn on the Åland Islands on Saturday, 20 October. This year's competition was the second of its kind and was won by the new Live Betting Champion, Giovana Molina Ridaura.
- I bet an identical amount of money on three different results in the first match and one of them really paid off - in fact, it secured my lead. In the second match, I took it easy and waited it out, though I was nervous at the end, when many players were chasing high odds, Giovana Molina Ridaura admits.
At the start of the game, finalists were given 100 euros in play money each. The players then made live bets during ongoing matches using their laptops. The championship consisted of two matches, the Ruhr derby with Dortmund vs. Schalke 04 and the Premier League match Norwich vs. Arsenal.
By the end of the competition, Giovana had 490 euros in play money. As the winner of the championship, she received 2,000 euros in prize money out of the total championship prize pot of 5,000 euros.
- Everyone at the event gave me great support, and I would be more than happy to come back in 2013 and defend my title. Now I just need to take all of this in before I decide how to spend my prize money, Giovana Molina Ridaura says.
The organizers of the Paf Live Betting Championship feel that they succeeded in creating a unique and entertaining event: Technical pitfalls were avoided and the participants spent a great day together on Åland, and saw local sights such as the Stallhagen brewery.
- The atmosphere was great, and we have gotten a very positive response from the participants. Many of them made new friends during the days we spent on Åland, says the project coordinator for the event, Krille Mattsson.
All in all, the championship had around 50 players, and as they each had a friend with them there were over 100 participants at the event. The players had qualified for the championship by playing at Paf.com.
The top ten players of the championship:
- Giovana Molina Ridaura, Spain
- Egon Järvoja, Estonia
- Harri Gråsten, Finland
- Erkki Hyvärinen, Finland
- Tommi Asikainen, Sweden
- Irmeli Pinola, Finland
- Topi Vehnäilnen, Finland
- Mika Markku Leponiemi, Finland
- Jose Ruben Martinez, Spain
- Niklas Holmgren, Sweden
Attached is a press photo (Winner in the middle. Other persons in the photo are Marco Johansson and Gabriella Lundberg from Paf):
For more information, please contact:
Anders Sims, Head of Press and PR, , +46 8 50 25 15 15