Johanna Backholm appointed Deputy CEO at Paf
Paf’s HR director, Johanna Backholm, 36 years old, is appointed Deputy CEO at Paf. Paf’s board took the decision on Friday 15 March.
Since Thomas Lundberg left Paf a year ago, the gaming company has not had a deputy CEO, but from 1 April CEO Anders Ingves has a replacement if he should for some reason be away from work.
Anders Ingves is very happy with the choice of Johanna Backholm and sees great potential in her.
- Johanna is adept at seeing the big picture and collaborates well with staff.
When Paf last had a deputy CEO, it was the director of Paf.com who held the post, but it is no accident that the director of HR is now being promoted to such an influential position.
- Paf’s philosophy is that the company can only grow if the people grow, and Johanna has the ability to help our colleagues to grow.
- The appointment of Johanna shows not only that she is an extremely competent person, but also highlights the central role of HR issues in business development.
Johanna Backholm didn’t hesitate when she was offered the deputy CEO position.
- I think you should take the chances you get. I am, of course, delighted that my skills are appreciated and that staff are given such high priority.
Johanna has worked at Paf since 2002 and has been part of Paf’s Group Management for the last three and a half years.
- The new assignment means that I will be more involved in parts of the business not directly related to personnel issues. I think it will be very exciting and I feel confident that I have able colleagues who will step up to fill any possible gap left in the HR department, says Backholm.
For more information contact:
Johanna Backholm, HR Director
+358(0)400 232 907
Anders Ingves, CEO
+358(0)40 717 8441
Anders Sims, Head of Press and PR
Paf was founded in 1966 with the clear purpose of creating profit to support good causes. This purpose is still our principle reason for being. Today Paf.com is an international full-service online gaming site with over 150 games. We also maintain a large physical gaming operation on land and sea with about 1 300 gaming machines, 40 gaming tables on ships and Paf Casino on Åland. We offer safe and socially responsible money games to give our customers pleasure and entertainment.
In 2011 the Paf Group had a turnover of €96.3 million producing a profit of €21.5 million and the contribution to good causes was €10.5 million. The group has over 300 employees with offices in Mariehamn, Helsinki, Stockholm, Tallinn and Madrid.