Year 2015 was successful for the 140-year-old Paulig
Year 2015 was an eventful and profitable year for Paulig Group. For the first time in the company’s history, net sales exceeded EUR 900 million. All our divisions attained or exceeded their set targets.
During the year the Group acquired Risenta AB that now forms the new Naturally Healthy Food division. The Industrial Flavouring division was sold to Solina Group. Paulig Group now sets focus on its consumer products and food services business.
Consolidated 2015 figures
- Net sales were EUR 905.2 million (867.0)
- Operating profit was EUR 63.6 million (73.7), or 7.0 per cent (8.5) of the net sales
- Net profit for the year increased to EUR 86.7 million (46.8), including the profit from the sale of the Industrial Flavouring division that took place in April 2015
- Equity ratio improved to 73.9 per cent (71.2)
- There were 1 890 employees at year end (1 951)
In 2015 Paulig Group’s net sales were EUR 905.2 million (867.0), an increase of 4.4 per cent on 2014. The net sales figure is not fully comparable to the previous year’s figure due to the changes that took place in the Group structure. When only the divisions that were part of the Group during both full financial years are included, net sales grew 5.7 per cent.
Good performance by all divisions
- The Coffee division’s net sales increased to EUR 346.3 million (319,0) and its total sales volume grew by 4 per cent on the previous year.
- Net sales for the World Foods & Flavouring division were EUR 307.8 million, which was in line with the previous year.
- The Snack Food division's net sales were EUR 218.9 million (203.1), which is an increase of 7.8 per cent compared with the previous year.
- The Naturally Healthy Food division's net sales were EUR 31.1 million, which is an increase of 21 per cent compared with the previous year.
Tastes from around the world for 140 years
Exciting flavours from around the world are now high on consumers' wish list. Paulig has ever since the company was founded by Gustav Paulig in 1876 offered people the exotic flavours from the world's various corners. The range 140 years ago included among others coffee, tea, spices, dried fruit and brandy. The Group's master brands Paulig, Santa Maria and Risenta all have a long history in the market.
Currently, 59 per cent of Paulig Group’s sales are in the Nordic countries and 41 per cent are in other markets. Our goal is for 60 per cent of sales to take place outside the Nordic countries in 2020, without compromising our strong Nordic position in coffee, spices, international food concepts and naturally healthy food.
“I am often asked which of our categories I think will develop strongest in the future. We regard this question in a different way though – I am convinced that great taste will never go out of fashion or become untrendy. What matters in the end is how we manage to develop with the times. Together with our owners we have already set our sights on the next 140 years – so you can say that we really are planning for the long term”, says CEO Jaana Tuominen.
See Paulig Group's Annual Report at www.pauliggroup.com
CEO Jaana Tuominen, tel. +358 9 319 8330
VP Communications Anita Laxén, tel. +358 40 770 0873, email@example.com