Peab acquires Smidmek

Peab has signed a contract to acquire 60 % of the shares in AB Smidmek, Eslöv with an option to acquire the remaining 40 %.

The company provides comprehensive solutions within frame, wrought iron and sheet metal structures used in construction and in other industries as well.

The acquisition supplements business area Industry’s existing range of steel and concrete frame products.

“We at Peab are pleased to be able to make this acquisition. It will add a very competent organization with extensive experience to our company,” says BA Manager Industry Karl-Gunnar Karlsson.

Smidmek had net sales of SEK 249 million and 29 employees in the financial year 2016/2017.

The acquisition has received approval from the Swedish Competition Authority and takeover will take place in the fourth quarter 2017.

For further information, please contact:
Karl-Gunnar Karlsson, Business Area Manager Industry, Peab,

cell: +46 733 84 85 89

Kajsa Jacobsson, Press Officer Peab, cell: +46 725 33 34 84

 

Peab is one of the leading Nordic construction and civil engineering companies with about 15,000 employees and net sales of SEK 49 billion. The Group has strategically located offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. The Peab’s registered office is located in Förslöv on Cap Bjäre in south of Sweden. The Peab share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.

About Us

Peab is a leading Nordic construction and civil engineering company with about 15,000 employees and SEK 50 billion in net sales. The Group has strategically placed offices in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Company headquarters are in Förslöv on Bjäre Peninsula in southern Sweden. The Peab share is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.

Subscribe

Documents & Links