Little Red Riding Hood App Now Available on the App StoreReaders Choose Their Own Path and Items To Defeat the Big Bad Wolf In this Classic Tale
London, 25 April, 2013 -- Award-winning, independent publisher Nosy Crow is proud to announce its groundbreaking new fairytale app, Little Red Riding Hood, is available now on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
The app is a completely new take on the classic fairytale: users can create their own story by choosing from multiple paths along the way, resulting in a new, fully animated adventure with different endings every time. Built with a user-generated narrative structure that immerses a child in the story, Little Red Riding Hood re-invents interactive storytelling. Readers play games to help Little Red Riding Hood collect three different objects in the course of her journey through the woods, choosing what items to gather at forks in the path. These objects determine how Little Red Riding Hood defeats the Big Bad Wolf and saves Grandma. Little Red Riding Hood features:
• A new form of non-linear narrative storytelling, with eight different routes through the tale – a sort of multimedia, animated 21st Century Choose-Your-Own-Adventure
• Nine different games and activities embedded in the story
• Innovative forms of interactivity: blow into the microphone to blow dandelions and a whistle; see yourself in a magical pool with the front-facing camera; tilt the screen to pour honey into a jar, and drag, swipe, tap and zoom to take part in the story and explore more of every scene
• Rich and detailed artwork from the creator of Nosy Crow’s award-winning Cinderella and The Three Little Pigs apps
• Fully animated: characters are constantly on the move
• Hundreds of lines of dialogue for fifteen characters voiced by child actors
• Hundreds of interactive touch-points
• Original music by BAFTA award-winning composer, Robin Beanland
• Text-highlighting to support emerging and early readers
“This is the most ambitious and exciting app that we’ve ever made,” says Kate Wilson, Managing Director at Nosy Crow. “This redefines what a storybook can be, putting readers in charge of the outcome. We wanted to empower children to enjoy a completely different kind of reading experience, and to create a story for themselves, using a mix of classic and original building blocks. Children of different ages will be able to enjoy the story at different levels, whether they explore it independently or share the experience with an adult.” The Little Red Riding Hood App is available for an introductory price of $4.99 (£2.99) from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.AppStore.com at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-red-riding-hood-nosy/id626696483?ls=1&mt=8. Illustrated by Ed Bryan, this interactive storybook app is recommended for children ages 3-8.