Media Lunch at Slush 2014: “TAKE THAT TECH TO THE UK”
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), the UK Government’s department that helps overseas companies bring their high quality investment to the UK economy,
is proud to be showcasing brilliant minds and groundbreakers from dynamic Finnish and Baltic tech companies at a media lunch in Helsinki.
the Exhibitors Club Restaurant
at Messukeskus Expo and Convention Centre, Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki
(go to the lobby of the southern entrance and take the stairs to the 2nd floor)
Tuesday, 18 November 2014
from 1.30pm to 2.30pm
(there will be time for networking afterwards)
For media enquiries and to confirm your participation, please contact:
British Embassy Helsinki
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
T: +358 9 2286 5233
M: +358 50 081 7243
The media lunch will feature enterprising businesses which are ready to take their internationalisation strategy to the next level by setting up in the exciting UK market. The winners of “Take That Tech to the UK”, a UKTI competition, will also be presented at the lunch. The successful companies will be awarded with attractive full UK business establishment packages or with tickets to the London Technology Week 2015.
The ten finalists of the competition are:
- Bliu Bliu, Lithuania
- Booxmedia, Finland, Helsinki
- Diktamen, Finland, Helsinki
- Ecolane, Finland, Espoo
- Etuma, Finland, Helsinki
- Flyvice, Finland, Oulu
- GoWorkaBit, Estonia
- Plan Brothers, Finland, Mikkeli/Helsinki
- Transfluent, Finland, Helsinki/Jyväskylä
- TribaLearning, Finland, Helsinki
To find out more about the next generation of great tech companies, their expansion projects as well as to learn more about the UK’s fast growing technology sector and its opportunities for Finnish and Baltic companies, we would like to invite you to a media lunch.
- The UK is Europe’s leading market for software and IT services, with a market value of £58 billion per annum.
- There are 21.7 million home broadband connections in the UK, and 75 percent of adults have fixed or mobile broadband.
- The UK is the largest European market for high-end consumer electronics products.
Meet and engage with experts in technology and entrepreneurship to discuss the growing relationship between the UK and the technology scenes in Finland and the Baltic countries, the UK’s potential for technology companies, the future of rising tech companies as well as companies’ motivations for selecting the UK to grow their business.
- Mark Prisk, MP, UK Prime Minister’s Investment envoy for the Nordic and Baltic countries
- Paavo Bäckman, CEO & Main Catapulter at Catapult
- Simon Sprince, UKTI’s Creative & Media sector specialist
- Martynas Nikolajevas, tech entrepreneur, angel investor and start-up mentor
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the media lunch in Helsinki. Please note that press representatives do not need a Slush press pass to access the restaurant and attend the media lunch. Individual interviews with the winners, jury members or advisers can be arranged. After the media reception we would like to invite you to UKTI’s double-decker bus to learn more about growth opportunities in the UK for technology companies.
For further information about the Tech to UK competition and UKTI activities please contact:
UK Trade & Investment
T: +358 50 300 4433
Please visit our website
and follow #Tech2UK
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) is the Government Department that helps UK‑based companies succeed in the global economy. We also help overseas companies bring their high-quality investment to the UK’s dynamic economy, acknowledged as Europe’s best place in which to succeed in global business.