JCK 2012 PLATINUM INNOVATION AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED
The entries in this year's competition are truly outstanding, and more than demonstrate the spirit of 'innovation' America's finest designers achieve with platinum, the most versatile of all precious metals.
Platinum Guild International USA (PGI-USA) announces the winners of the 3rd annual JCK 2012 Platinum Innovation Awards. Winners were chosen in 7 different design categories. An “Editor’s Choice” and “Buyer’s Choice” were chosen in each design category, as well as “Best in Show” Award which was selected as a culmination of all votes. Over 155 designs were submitted from jewelry brands around the country that exhibited at the JCK jewelry trade show in Las Vegas last week.
"We are delighted at the response to the 2012 Platinum Innovation Awards," says PGI-USA President Huw Daniel. "The entries in this year's competition are truly outstanding, and more than demonstrate the spirit of 'innovation' America's finest designers achieve with platinum, the most versatile of all precious metals. "
The winners in each category are:
Platinum Engagement Ring
- Editor’s Choice: Uneek Fine Jewelry Platinum and Diamond Engagement Ring
- Buyer’s Choice: Lieberfarb Platinum and Diamond Engagement Ring
Entry Platinum Engagement Ring (semi-mounts under $2500 retail)
- Editor’s Choice: Alishan Platinum and Diamond Semi-Mount Engagement Ring
- Buyer’s Choice: Designs by Vatche Signature Engagement Ring
Platinum Wedding Band
- Editor’s Choice: A. Jaffe Platinum Twisted Eternity Band
- Buyer’s Choice: Omi Gems Platinum Diamond and Sapphire Eternity Band
Platinum Men’s Jewelry
- Editor’s Choice: Pioneer Gems Platinum Moonstone, Sapphire and Diamond Cufflinks
- Buyer’s Choice: Novell Platinum and Black Diamond Ring
Entry Platinum Fashion Jewelry (under $3500 retail)
- Editor’s Choice: Simon G Platinum and Diamond Pendant
- Buyer’s Choice: Mercury Ring Platinum and Diamond Earrings
Platinum Red Carpet Jewelry
- Editor’s Choice: Oscar Heyman Platinum, Opal, Emerald Bead and Diamond Necklace
- Buyer’s Choice: Erik Stewart Platinum, Diamond and Sapphire Ring
Platinum and Colored Gemstone Jewelry
- Editor’s Choice: Goshwara Platinum and Emerald Bead Flower Earrings
- Buyer’s Choice: Stuller Platinum, Sapphire and Diamond Ring
Best in Show
- Designs by Vatche Signature Engagement Ring
PGI-USA awarded each winner with a prize package valued at approximately $50,000.
Winners were announced at a special press conference earlier this week at JCK Las Vegas, a top jewelry trade show.
About Platinum Guild International (PGI):
Platinum Guild International is dedicated to promoting platinum and its pure, rare and eternal qualities to the consumer and the jewelry trade. PGI has offices in each of the world's major jewelry markets, providing information, assistance and education on all aspects of platinum jewelry. For more information please visit
PGI-USA’s consumer site: www.preciousplatinum.com
PGI-USA’s press site: www.pgi-press.com
PGI-USA’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jewelryplatinum