Tactivo™ for iPad Launched and New Issue of Shares Oversubscribed
PRECISE BIOMETRICS AB (PUBL), CORPORATE IDENTITY NO. 556545-6596
INTERIM REPORT FOR THE PERIOD JANUARY – SEPTEMBER 2012
- The group’s net sales for the interim period was SEK 19.9 million (16.8) and for the third quarter SEK 8.5 million (7.4).
- The groups income for the interim period was SEK -34.0 million (-24.0) and for the third quarter SEK -11.2 million (-5.4)
- Earnings per share for the interim period amounted to SEK -0.18 (-0.15) and for the third quarter SEK -0.06 (-0.03).
- Available cash at the end of the interim period amounted to SEK 3.2 million (37.4).
IMPORTANT EVENTS DURING THE THIRD QUARTER
- Tactivo™ for iPad obtained approval by Apple in their Made for iPhone program (MFi).
- The company received their first U.S. Government related purchase orders and started off pilot projects across several U.S. Federal Government military and civilian agencies.
- Precise Biometrics received Tactivo™ orders from two leading mobile software providers. Thursby Software Systems and an additional recognized partner together placed orders exceeding one thousand Tactivo™ units for delivery in Q4, 2012.
IMPORTANT EVENTS AFTER THE THIRD QUARTER
- Precise Biometrics’ rights issue, with preferential rights for Precise Biometrics’ shareholders, was oversubscribed. The company will be supplied with approximately SEK 54.4 million prior to issue costs. The rights issue was subscribed to 139.6%.
- The company announced partnership with the Inpeco Group, developer of solutions that trace key healthcare processes. Inpeco Group has chosen Precise Match-on-Card™ technology to trace patient ID and blood testing transmissions, eliminating human ‘error’ in the process.
- Precise Biometrics announced partnership with HID Global. Through the partnership Common Access Card and Personal Identity Verification Cards can now deliver encrypted access to sensitive data through Tactivo™.
Point of contact
Thomas Marschall, President and CEO, Precise Biometrics AB
Tel. 46 46 31 11 10 or 46 734 35 11 10
Patrik Norberg, CFO, Precise Biometrics AB
Tel. 46 46 31 11 47 or 46 734 35 11 47
Precise Biometrics is a market leading supplier of solutions for fingerprint recognition that guarantee the identity of people. With the highest level of competence in fingerprint biometrics, Precise Biometrics offers fast, precise and secure verification of a person's identity.
This technology can be used for ID, company and bank cards, and for access to mobile solutions, computers and networks. Precise Biometrics delivers its solutions to companies and government agencies all over the world, and the Company's technology is licensed to almost 160 million users.
For further information go to www.precisebiometrics.com