All aboard the Smile Train
A kind hearted dentist is going the extra mile for a children’s charity. Dr. Greg Paysden, who runs a practice in Salford, Hope Dental, has set his sights on running the Wilmslow Half Marathon in a bid to raise money for the Smile Train charity.
Dr. Paysden, who runs another thriving dental practice in Radcliffe town centre, is known to take pride in his local neighbourhood but has decided to this time focus on an issue that affects children and communities worldwide
The charity’s aim is to help those children from developing countries born with a cleft. A cleft is a facial defect developed in the early stages of pregnancy. In most cases the cause is unknown. Around 165,000 children are born each year with a cleft, and left untreated can hinder them throughout their lives. It can cause problems with speech and make it difficult for them to eat.
Donating to the Smile Train charity will help them in their work to provide free operations to those children whose families’ cannot afford the simple procedure, which costs around as little £150, but will make a huge difference in their lives.
Speaking on the donation Dr. Paysden explains: “A lot of these children are considered to be outcasts by their society. This can mean they are excluded from education and overlooked for job opportunities. In worse case scenarios, some are even killed or abandoned at birth.
“It’s hard to believe that children are being treated in this way over something that isn’t their fault and can be fixed so easily. By running the Wilmslow Half Marathon I hope to gain as much support as possible and bring a smile to a child’s face.”
To contribute to this worthy cause please visit: www.justgiving.com/GregPaysden
- ENDS -
Images & captions: Dr.Greg Paysden Smile Train.jpg Supporting the Smile Train. Dr. Greg Paysden BDS from Hope Dental practice is raising money for charity by running the Wilmslow Half Marathon.
For more information on this story, contact Emma Hawelko or Emma Macey at PRECISION on 0161 638 8714 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Located on Eccles Road in Salford, Hope Dental Practice is a highly professional surgery serving the dental needs of people of all ages and all backgrounds from throughout the local area.
- Hope Dental Practice aims to help patients enjoy optimum levels of oral health by offering a wide range of competitively priced dental treatments, all backed by the very best in service and care.
- Hope Dental Practice offers a wide range of treatments to both NHS and private patients. This includes examinations, scale and polishes, stain removal, fillings, veneers, crowns, tooth whitening, dentures/denture repair and implants.
- All treatments are carried out using the most modern equipment and in an environment where the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained.
- Hope Dental Practice is one of two dental practices owned by Dr. Greg Paysden BDS. He is also owner and clinical director of Deansgate Dental Practice located Radcliffe town centre.