All aboard the Smile Train
A kind hearted dentist is going the extra mile for a children’s charity. Dr. Greg Paysden, who runs two dental practices - one in North Manchester and another in Salford - has set his sights on running the Wilmslow Half Marathon in a bid to raise money for Smile Train.
Formed in 1999, Smile Train is the world’s leading cleft charity providing free cleft lip and palate surgery to children in developing countries. It also provides free cleft-related training for doctors and medical professionals. To date, it has helped over 725,000 individuals across more than 80 of the world’s poorest nations.
Speaking of his efforts to raise funds that will help Smile Train in its invaluable work, Dr. Paysden said: “A lot of children affected by clefts are considered outcasts by society. This can mean they are excluded from education and overlooked for job opportunities. In worse case scenarios, some are even killed or abandoned at birth.
“It’s hard to believe that children are being treated in this way over something that isn’t their fault and can be fixed so easily. By running the Wilmslow Half Marathon I hope to gain as much support as possible and bring a smile to a child’s face.”
To contribute to this worthy cause please visit: www.justgiving.com/GregPaysden
- ENDS -
Images & captions: Dr.Greg Paysden Smile Train.jpg Supporting the Smile Train. Dr. Greg Paysden BDS from Paysden Dental Group is raising money for charity by running the Wilmslow Half Marathon.
For more information on this story, contact Emma Hawelko or Emma Macey at PRECISION on 0161 638 8714 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Notes to editors:
- Dr. Greg Paysden BDS is owner and clinical director of Hope Dental Practice in Salford and of Deansgate Dental Practice located in Radcliffe, North Manchester.
- Both practices strive to be centres of dentistry excellence, serving the needs of people of all ages and all backgrounds from throughout the local communities.
- Hope Dental Practice and Deansgate Dental Practice aim to help patients enjoy optimum levels of oral health by offering a wide range of competitively priced dental treatments, all backed by the very best in service and care.
- The practices offer a wide range of treatments to both NHS and private patients. This includes examinations, scale and polishes, stain removal, fillings, veneers, crowns, tooth whitening, dentures/denture repair and implants.
- All treatments are carried out using the most modern equipment and in an environment where the highest possible standards of hygiene are maintained.