Bond It backs WAGS in charity climb
Bond It has lent its support to a group of WAGS raising money for a worthwhile cause. The manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, roofing compounds, waterproofing products and other building chemicals sponsored the women - whose partners are all professional sportsmen, primarily in the rugby Super League - as they climbed Ben Nevis for children’s charity, Life for a Kid.
Some 70 women in total took part in the event on Saturday 20th July 2013, enduring temperatures of up to 38°C to make the 1344m (4,409 ft.) ascent and descent of the UK’s highest mountain.
Bond It backed a team whose partners all play for the Huddersfield Giants. The business became a shirt sponsor of the Giants earlier this year – a move driven partly by a love of the sport; partly to celebrate the company’s West Yorkshire heritage; and partly to place its brand in front of millions of rugby league fans every week, many of them tradesmen.
The ‘WAGs Walk’ was the brainchild of Lisa Yeaman whose husband Kirk plays for Hull FC. Her idea was quickly picked up by Jenna Brough, whose husband Danny plays for the Giants. Both women used social media, particularly Twitter, to drum up support from sponsors and eager participants all looking to make a positive difference.
So far, some £20,000 has been raised by the ladies for Life for a Kid which aims to help children with disabilities and serious illnesses live better lives. The charity provides equipment, educational opportunities, financial support, respite care and much more.
Much of the money raised will be used by the charity towards the construction of a new centre. This will offer children a safe and welcoming environment in which to learn, play and form friendships whilst also offering their parents and other family members a break from the demands of being a full-time carer.
Commenting on the event and Bond It’s support, Jenna Brough said: “"Climbing Ben Nevis was hard work and certainly a lot harder than most of us expected. The high temperatures on the day added to the challenge but all the girls put in a fantastic effort, completing the ascent and descent in a little over five hours. We all felt a real sense of achievement afterwards and especially given the walk was for such a worthwhile cause.”
She adds: “We would like to thank Bond It for their support and sponsorship. Their kind contribution will prove invaluable in helping Life for a Kid with their important work."
David Moore, managing director at Bond It, added: "As a business Bond It has a firm belief in the highest levels of corporate social responsibility and we already support a number of local, national and even international charities and community initiatives.
“As a proud sponsor of the Huddersfield Giants, we were only too happy to back some of the players’ partners in their fundraising efforts for Life for a Kid and even more so once we learnt about the charity’s nature and focus. We would like to congratulate and commend all those that took part.”
- ENDS -
Image and caption: Bond It LFAK.jpg Good sports. Bond It has backed a group of women, whose partners all play for the Huddersfield Giants, in their fundraising efforts for a children’s charity.
From left to right (partner’s name in brackets where applicable): Sarah Jones (Matty Dawson), Emily Archdale (Jamie Cording), Grace Rider, Vicky Routlege-Hine (Eorl Crabtree), Jenna Brough (Danny Brough), Lindsay Grix (Scott Grix), Laura Howley (Michael Lawrence), Becky Livesey (Larne Patrick), Sam Thornton.
Notes to editors:
* With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
* Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies is extensive range of technical advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
* To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise
* The established Bond It brand was acquired by Seal It Services Ltd in 2002.
* More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk