Bond It bids farewell to Scottish sales rep
Leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives and other building chemicals, Bond It is bidding farewell to one of its longest standing employees. Alastair Fergusson, who joined the company in 1993 as a sales rep for Scotland before becoming Scottish area manager, is set to retire from the business after nearly two decades of loyal service.
A familiar face to many in the builder’s merchant and DIY sector, Alastair has been instrumental in driving Bond It’s success north of the border and across northern England. Over the course of his career, he has successfully developed a large and growing customer base for the manufacturer’s range of high quality, high performance, technically advanced products.
Alastair plans to spend his retirement indulging his passion for travel with his wife, Jean. Both have already travelled extensively to far flung locations including Japan and the pair has now drawn up a list of future places to visit. As caravan enthusiasts, they have also bought a caravan on the Isle of Aran which they plan to use as a hideaway for reading and sightseeing.
Speaking of Alastair’s retirement, David Moore, Managing Director at Bond It said: “Alastair’s retirement brings with it mixed emotions. On the one hand we’re delighted for him and Jean and wish them all the best for their retirement. On the other we’re sad to lose such a long term and valuable member of our team. Alastair will be missed and we’d like to thank him for his many years of hard work and dedication.”
Alastair added: “I have thoroughly enjoyed my twenty years with Bond It. During that time I’ve worked with some great colleagues, some great products and some great customers. The business has evolved enormously since I joined it back in 1993 and especially so over the last ten years since becoming part of Seal It Services. I’m sure it will continue to go from strength to strength and I wish the team the very best of luck for the future.”
Bond It plans to announce the appointment of a new area sales manager for Scotland imminently.
- ENDS -
Image: Alastair Fergusson crop.jpg
For more information on this story, contact Emma Macey or Emma Hawelko at PRECISION on 0161 638 8714 or e-mail: email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org/
Notes to editors:
- With its head offices and production facilities located in West Yorkshire, Bond It is a leading manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, building chemicals, waterproofing products, roofing compounds, polyurethanes, adhesive tapes and ceramic tile adhesives.
- Operating to ISO 9001 quality standards, the business supplies is extensive range of technical advanced, high quality products to builders’ merchants, DIY outlets, retailers and specifiers across the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- To help customers stay abreast of changing marketing conditions and demands, Bond It has a strong commitment to product development and continues to invest heavily into R&D whilst simultaneously drawing on many decades of technical experience and expertise
- The established Bond It brand was acquired by Seal It Services Ltd in 2002.
- More information on Bond It and its range can be found at www.bond-it.co.uk