bpi.recycled products announces plans for Total Workplace Management 2011
Leading manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, bpi.recycled products has revealed its plans for Total Workplace Management 2011. The business will use the exhibition, which takes place from 11-12th October, to promote the benefits of its flagship Green Sack® range.
In particular, visitors to the bpi.recycled products stand (Stand D74) will be able to learn more about the environmental advantages of the range. Made from 100% recycled polythene, these refuse sacks not only help to divert waste from landfill but they are also produced from UK waste at UK facilities for a low carbon footprint. This ensures reduced product miles compared to most other refuse sacks which are typically produced overseas – most notably in the Far East.
Green Sacks are also able to deliver impressive functional benefits due to the fact that they are manufactured using a large percentage of agricultural polythene waste such as used silage balewrap. Using advanced technology, bpi.recycled products is then able to remanufacture this material in a way that retains its original strength and tear resistance.
Commenting on the manufacturer’s plans for the show, Rachael Barton, Marketing Manager at bpi.recycled products, said: “As a business, we’re committed to providing sustainable solutions that also deliver superior levels of performance. The Green Sack® is the perfect example of this commitment and we’re looking forward to showcasing the range at Total Workplace Management 2011.”
- ENDS -
Images & captions: Green Sack 1.jpg: Complete solutions. bpi.recycled products plans to showcase its innovative Green Sack® range at Total Workplace Management 2011.
For more information on this story, contact Wayne Mohammed or Emma Macey at PRECISION on 0161 638 8718 or e-mail: or
- bpi.recycled products is the largest recycler of used polythene in Europe recycling over 68,000 tonnes of post-use polythene material from horticultural, commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural markets.
- bpi.recycled products uses some of these materials to manufacture its award winning Plaswood range of sustainable wood-substitute products. These products include park and garden furniture, street and countryside signs, bollards and marine decking.
- The environmental benefits of recycling plastic are becoming more widely recognised: maximising reusable material, diverting waste from landfill and conserving resources. bpi.recycled products has developed the necessary expertise and the infrastructure in the form of a network of Environment Agency accredited recycling plants to help drive these benefits forward.
- bpi.recycled products is a division of BPI (British Polythene Industries) plc, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of polythene films, bags and sacks.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.