32% GROWTH AND HIGHER OPERATING MARGIN FOR FULL-YEAR 2014
FOURTH QUARTER OF 2014
• NET SALES amounted to MSEK 39.9 (26.2).
• OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 6.6 (3.1).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 5.4 (2.6).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 0.59 (0.29).
• CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 10.6 (neg: 0.1).
• NET SALES amounted to MSEK 135.2 (102.2).
• OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 27.0 (18.1).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 21.8 (15.0).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 2.39 (1.65).
• CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 16.9 (4.0). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER:
• Probi signed a distribution agreement with Laboratório Daudt for the launch of Probi Digestis® in Brazil.
• Capitalised development expenditure of MSEK 3.7 was discarded due to the bankruptcy of a contracted research company.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE PERIOD:
• Probi secured a record order valued at MSEK 17 from US company NBTY
• The Board of Directors proposes a total dividend of MSEK 7.7 (6.8), corresponding to SEK 0.85 (0.75) per share.
“In 2014, Probi’s sales more than doubled in the US and amounted to MSEK 44, a result of our partnerships with Pharmavite and NBTY. Combined with our launch in South Korea, this led to sharp growth. Net sales rose 32% to MSEK 135. In the fourth quarter net sales rose 52% to MSEK 40. We have grown with increased profitability. The operating margin increased from just under 18% in 2013 to 20%. Our clinical trials have also been successful. We now have the documentation required to launch a product in 2015 that increases the body’s ability to absorb iron. To meet the strong global demand for our products, we are now increasing our resources in both Consumer Healthcare and Functional Food. We are recruiting more employees to our sales and marketing organisation and will also strengthen other functions during the year. We estimate the prospects for continued positive growth in 2015 as favourable. The year started well with a record order of MSEK 17 from US company NBTY.” says Peter Nählstedt, CEO for Probi.
INVITATION TO TELECONFERENCE (SWEDISH):
Time: Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 9.00 a.m. Phone number: +46 (0)8-566 42 690. Participants from Probi: Peter Nählstedt, CEO and Niklas Brandt, CFO. The presentation is available at www.probi.se and www.financialhearings.com
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Peter Nählstedt, CEO Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)723-86 99 83, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Niklas Brandt, CFO, Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 26 or +46 (0)706-62 98 83, e-mail: email@example.com
This information is such that Probi AB is required to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 28 January 2015 at 8:45 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.