ACQUISITION OF NUTRACEUTIX COMPLETED AND A NEW QUARTERLY SALES RECORD
THIRD QUARTER OF 2016
- NET SALES amounted to MSEK 89.2 (51.9).
- OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 30.7 (16.3). Operating profit was charged with acquisition costs of MSEK 4.2.
- PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 30.3 (13.1).
- PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 3.32 (1.44).
- CHANGE IN CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS amounted to MSEK 797,8 (21.5). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 9.1 (7.7).
- NET SALES amounted to MSEK 249.5 (179.8).
- OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 86.7 (59.4). Operating profit was charged with acquisition costs of MSEK 11.7.
- PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 74.3 (46.3).
- PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 8.15 (5.08).
- CHANGE IN CASH AND CASH EQUIVALENTS amounted to MSEK 824.2 (34.8). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 9.1 (7.7).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE THIRD QUARTER:
- Probi decided on a preference share issue and published the terms and conditions
- New quarterly sales record
- Probi Digestis® lauched on the German market
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE PERIOD:
- Probi completed the acquisition of Nutraceutix on 3 October
- Probi published the prospectus for its preference share issue on 4 October
CEO COMMENTS ON THE BUSINESS:
”We have taken a major step in the building of an important group within the probiotics world by completing the acquisition of Nutraceutix. The combination of both operations is highly complementary. Through the acquisition, Probi is positioned in the top tear of integrated probiotic players, with enhanced size and capacity. The manufacturing operations in the U.S. improves our position in the value chain. The market position in North America is improving and the opportunity for further growth globally is increasing considerably. In addition, the acquisition will add important new technologies, manufacturing capabilities and customers, and create a strong platform for further acquisitions in the future. Plans for the integration work were completed in the third quarter and implementation commenced immediately following transfer of the operation in an excellent spirit of cooperation. The ongoing new share issue will secure financing of the acquisition at a low level of risk exposure for the company.
During the quarter, regular operations performed to a high level of satisfaction and we were able to note a new sales record for a single quarter of MSEK 89.2, an increase of a whole 72% compared with the year-earlier period. The nine-month period produced growth of 39% compared with the first nine months of 2015. The earnings trend is also highly satisfactory, with an EBITDA of MSEK 91.8 for the first three quarters, which is an EBITDA margin of nearly 37%. Excluding acquisition and integration costs, the EBITDA margin1 was slightly more than 42%.
Probi has delivered its first order to the German market, where a new agreement has been signed. This is a significant step into the largest market in Europe.”
INVITATION TO TELECONFERENCE:
Time: Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 10.00 a.m. Telefonnummer: +46 8 56 64 26 91. Participants from Probi: Peter Nählstedt, CEO and Niklas Brandt, CFO. The presentation is available at www.probi.se and www.financialhearings.com
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Peter Nählstedt, CEO, Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)723-86 99 83, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails
This information is information that Probi AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8:45 CET on 18 October 2016.
 Definitions to key ratios not defined by IFRS on page 14
Probi AB is a Swedish publicly traded bioengineering company that develops effective and well-documented probiotics. Through its world-leading research, Probi has created a strong product portfolio in the gastrointestinal health and immune system niches. Probi’s products are available to consumers in more than 30 countries worldwide. Probi’s customers are leading food, health-product and pharmaceutical companies in the Functional Food and Consumer Healthcare segments. In 2015 Probi had sales of MSEK 216. The Probi share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, Small Cap. Probi has about 4,400 shareholders. Read more at www.probi.se.