CONTINUED GROWTH IN CONSUMER HEALTHCARE
SECOND QUARTER OF 2013
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 26.5 (21.9).
- Operating profit totalled MSEK 4.6 (2.2)
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 3.8 (2.0).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.42 (0.22).
- Cash flow was a negative MSEK 8.7 (neg: 2.6). Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
FIRST SIX MONTHS OF 2013
- Net sales amounted to MSEK 51.9 (52.5).
- Operating profit totalled MSEK 10.6 (10.6).
- Profit after tax amounted to MSEK 8.7 (8.4).
- Profit after tax per share was SEK 0.96 (0.92).
- Cash flow amounted to MSEK 0.0 (7.2).
- Probi paid dividends of MSEK 6.8 (6.8).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE SECOND QUARTER:
- Probi signed an agreement with AlenMed Promotion SIA for the distribution of Probi Digestis® and Probi Defendum® in Belarus.
- Gun-Britt Fransson, VP R&D, was appointed interim CEO.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE REPORTING PERIOD:
- Probi signed an agreement with Bio-Life for the distribution of Probi Digestis® in Malaysia.
- Probi signed an agreement with Botanic Pharma for the distribution of Probi Digestis® in Morocco.
“For some time, we have been increasing our resources in Consumer Healthcare and it is gratifying to now see the positive effects of these investments. Net sales in the business area rose 21% to slightly more than MSEK 30 under the first six months of the year. Growth was primarily driven by the positive performance in the North American market. During the summer, we also signed two new agreements in Asia and Eastern Europe, two markets that are prioritised for our continued growth. We view both Bio-Life and AlenMed as strategic partners for our future expansion in these regions.”, says Gun-Britt Fransson, interim CEO of Probi.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Gun-Britt Fransson, interim CEO Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 74 or +46 (0)707-95 73 27, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Niklas Brandt, CFO Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 26 or +46 (0)706-62 98 83, e-mail: email@example.com
The information is such that Probi AB is required to disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 20 August 2013 at 8:45 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
Probi is a leading player in probiotic research and development of effective and well-documented probiotics. The research areas are: the gastrointestinal tract, immune system, metabolic syndrome and stress and recovery. Probi’s customers are leading companies in the Functional Food and Consumer Healthcare segments. Total income for 2012 was MSEK 100.4. Probi’s share is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm, Small Cap. Probi has approximately 5,000 shareholders. Read more on www.probi.se