CONTINUED HIGH GROWTH DRIVEN BY PROBIMAGE AND PROBIFRISK
FOURTH QUARTER OF 2011
- NET SALES totalled MSEK 24.6 (21.9).
- OPERATING LOSS of MSEK 0.7 (income: 3.0) reported. (In the fourth quarter of 2011, capitalised development costs of MSEK 2.7 were discarded.)
- LOSS AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 0.3 (profit: 2.4).
- EARNINGS PER SHARE after tax amounted to SEK -0.03 (0.26).
- TOTAL CASH FLOW was MSEK 0.7 (12.4).
- NET SALES totalled MSEK 94.4 (80.4).
- OPERATING INCOME amounted to MSEK 17.8 (18.1).
- PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 14.2 (13.7).
- EARNINGS PER SHARE after tax amounted to SEK 1.54 (1.46).
- TOTAL CASH FLOW was a negative MSEK 13.6 (positive: 18.1). (In 2011, Probi bought back own shares for MSEK 11.8 and paid dividends of MSEK 9.2.)
Information for comparative purposes:
Probi received compensation of MSEK 10.0 from Skånemejerier when Probi’s agreement with Danone became effective on 30 September 2010. This compensation was reported in full in 2010, and is included in net sales and earnings in the comparative figures for full-year 2010.
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FOURTH QUARTER:
- Probi entered into a development agreement concerning the immune system with a leading global food company.
- Capitalised development costs in an amount of MSEK 2.7 were discarded.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend totalling MSEK 6.8 (9.2), corresponding to SEK 0.75 per share (Last year: SEK 0.50 plus an extraordinary dividend of SEK 0.50).
“2011 was a new record year for Probi. Revenue from our continuing businesses increased by 34% and the corresponding profit more than doubled compared with 2010. Growth in Dietary Supplements reached 77%, which is clear evidence that our strategy in the business area is working well. A large part of the increase came from the Swedish market and we have considerable potential to grow internationally in both Functional Food and Dietary Supplements in the next few years”, says Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
This information is such that Probi AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 25 January 2012, at 9.15 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Michael Oredsson, CEO Probi, phone: +46 (0) 46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)707-18 89 30,
Probi is a leading player in the probiotic research and the development of efficient and well-documented probiotics. The research areas include: gastrointestinal tracts, immune system, metabolic syndrome and stress and recovery. Probi’s customers are leading companies in the functional foods and dietary supplement business areas. Total income for 2011 was MSEK 95.0. Probi’s share is listed on the Nasdaq OMX Stockholm, Small Cap. Probi has approximately 4.500 shareholders. For more information, please visit www.probi.com.