GOOD START TO 2013
FIRST QUARTER 2013
• NET SALES amounted to MSEK 25.4 (30.6). Net sales for 2012 included minimum royalties of MSEK 3.8 from NextFoods pursuant to the agreement applicable then.
• OPERATING PROFIT totalled MSEK 6.0 (8.5). Operating profit for 2012 included minimum royalties of MSEK 3.8 from NextFoods pursuant to the agreement applicable then.
• PROFIT AFTER TAX amounted to MSEK 4.9 (6.4).
• PROFIT AFTER TAX PER SHARE was SEK 0.54 (0.71).
• CASH FLOW amounted to MSEK 8.6 (9.7).
SIGNIFICANT EVENTS DURING THE FIRST QUARTER:
• Probi signed a new agreement with NextFoods, USA, pertaining to strengthen the GoodBelly® partnership.
“The first quarter of 2013 was one of our best quarters to date in terms of revenue and the net margin of 25% is above our target. Compared with the first quarter of 2012, net sales were lower due to the non-payment of minimum royalties from NextFoods as per our new agreement and the reduction of the royalty rate for ProViva in Sweden. The trend in the key North American market, both in terms of existing and potential partners, is very promising. We also note increasing interest in our offering in several markets in Asia and Eastern Europe and we are focusing on finding new distribution solutions there. In parallel with this, we are preparing new EFSA studies into gastrointestinal health and the immune system and plan to start these during the second half of 2013,” says Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi, tel: +46 (0)46-286 89 23 or +46 (0)707-18 89 30, e-mail: email@example.com
This type of information is such that Probi AB must disclose in accordance with the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 24 April 2013 at 8:45 a.m.
This is a translation of the Swedish version of the interim report. When in doubt, the Swedish wording prevails.