Interim Report January – September 2008
71 percent increase of net sales and strongly improved operating profit during the first 9 months of this year
• Net sales for the interim period amounted to 52.2 million SEK (30.6) and for the third quarter to 16.5 million SEK (10.4).
• EBIT for the interim period amounted to 7.8 million SEK (3.9) and for the third quarter to 2.9 million SEK (2.6).
• Profit after tax for the interim period amounted to 6.6 million SEK (4.8) and for the third quarter to 2.5 million SEK (2.9).
• Earnings per share for the interim period amounted to 0.71 SEK (0.51) and for the third quarter to 0.26 SEK (0.31).
• Successful common cold study gives opportunity for product launches within the immune area during 2009.
• Three new agreements have been signed during the third quarter for the distribution of a dietary supplement based on Lp299v in Poland, Argentina as well as eight countries in the Balkan and Central European regions.
• Continued large raw material deliveries to Kraft Foods and increased distribution for NextFoods GoodBelly in the US.
• After the period’s end, Probi’s partner Institut Rosell signed an agreement for the sale of a dietary supplement based on Probi’s Lp299v in Spain.
”The most important accomplishment for Probi in the third quarter is that we are now able to offer a world class immune product. We now have the opportunity to launch our first new probiotic product since the company was founded, and widen the company’s product portfolio to a very large and profitable market that is worth 40 billion SEK globally. This is a great break through for Probi. We continue to increase our turnover and create profit in a turbulent time. Especially pleasing is that we are increasing our margins,” says Michael Oredsson, CEO of Probi.
For further information, contact:
Michael Oredsson, CEO, Probi, phone: +46 (0)46 286 89 23 or +46(0)707 18 89 30, e-mail: email@example.com
Distributed Oct. 28th, 2008, 11:00 (CET)