PROS - Notification of Major Interest
Luxembourg, 9 June 2011: - Prospector Offshore
Drilling S.A. (the "Company") (Oslo Børs: PROS).
Pursuant to the Luxembourg law of 11 January 2008 on
transparency requirements the Company has received on
3 June 2011 a notification of disposal of major
interest. Situation is therefore as follows:
- Full name of person(s) subject to the
notification obligation: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc
- Full name of the shareholders: Goldman Sachs
Investment Strategies L.L.C.
- Reason for the notification: an acquisition
or disposal of voting rights
- Date of the transaction and date on which the
threshold is crossed or reached: 1 June 2011
- Threshold(s) that is/are crossed or reached:
- Situation previous to the triggering
Number of voting rights: 8,693,410
- Resulting situation after the triggering
Number of voting rights: Direct: nil;
% of voting rights: Direct: nil;
- Financial Instruments total: nil.
- Chain of controlled undertakings through
which the voting rights and/or the financial
instruments are effectively held, if applicable:
The interest in 7,909,000 shares of the Company is
held by Goldman Sachs Investment Strategies LLC., a
wholly owned subsidiary of Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
acting as discretionary manager.
For further information, please contact:
Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Prospector Offshore Drilling S.A.
Tel: +1 281 560 8010
This announcement may include forward-looking
statements that involve risks and uncertainties. You
are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-
looking statements because actual events and results
may differ materially from the expected results
described by such forward-looking statements.
Prospector Offshore Drilling S.A. disclaims any
obligation to update and revise any forward-looking
statements, whether as a result of new information,
future events or otherwise.