Interim report January-September 2008
• Group revenues from sales of goods and royalties amounted to 936 (982) MSEK.
• Earnings per share amounted to 0.78 (3.31*) SEK.
• Operating income amounted to 100 (381*) MSEK.
• Revenues within the Esthetics product area amounted to 765 (800) MSEK and operating income was 177 (487*) MSEK.
• Net income after tax amounted to 77 (329*) MSEK.
July - September
• Group revenues from sales of goods and royalties amounted to 306 (317) MSEK during the third quarter and operating income amounted to 61 (63) MSEK. Operating income for the Hospital Healthcare product area amounted to 8 (-13) MSEK.
• Net income after tax amounted to 45 (45) MSEK during the third quarter.
Events after the end of the period
• Q-Med has given notice to 50 co-workers at the Uppsala facility as part of the company’s work of focusing resources on the Esthetics business. Restructuring costs are estimated to be 25-30 MSEK and will be charged against income in the fourth quarter. The measures will lead to savings of approximately 30 MSEK. (October)
Queries should be addressed to:
Alexander Kotsinas, Vice President and CFO
Tel: +46 (0)73-500 1111
Madelene Sandgren, Director Investor Relations and Corporate Communications
Tel: +46 (0)70-974 9015