QUANTUM ANNOUNCES EUROPEAN LAUNCH OF NEW STORNEXT PRO FOUNDATION LOW-COST, INTEGRATED SHARED STORAGE SYSTEM
Provides high-performance workflow storage ideal for smaller workgroups
BVE 2015 (Stand R24). — 23 February 2015 — Quantum Corp. today announced that StorNext® Pro Foundation, its new low-cost, integrated shared storage system for smaller workgroups, is now available in Europe. Targeted at media professionals in post and broadcast as well as those managing corporate and government video, StorNext Pro Foundation is the latest addition to the award-winning, high-performance StorNext Pro™ Solutions line and is built on Quantum’s proven StorNext 5 collaboration and workflow software.
Complete, high-performance solution
- Ready to deploy within new or existing networks, StorNext Pro Foundation gives smaller production workgroups a high-performance, attractively priced solution for managing content from ingest to delivery to archive.
- The underlying StorNext 5 platform enables extreme versatility to ensure that, as customers’ workflows evolve, the solution will provide the power to meet their needs for content ingest from multiple sources, collaborative content creation, on-time delivery in any format and content preservation for future monetisation.
Full Xsan compatibility
- StorNext Pro Foundation provides full Xsan compatibility, enabling smaller workgroups — such as ad agencies, corporate video production departments and houses of worship that create significant amounts of video — to refresh or upgrade their Xsan storage environments.
- Current StorNext users can also leverage StorNext Pro Foundation to add smaller workgroups for graphics, rendering and EFX.
Configurations and support
- StorNext Pro Foundation comes in either 48TB or 96TB configurations, which respectively support five and seven simultaneous Xsan/Windows/Linux SAN clients, including two Windows/Linux SAN clients as core system components.
- Either configuration can support up to four file systems (volumes) comprising
100 million files.
- The 48TB configuration is upgradable to 96TB.
- Customers have the option of purchasing a StorNext AEL500 tape archive with either the 48TB or the 96TB configuration.
- StorNext Pro Foundation includes one year of Quantum support with 30-minute
StorNext Pro Foundation is immediately available through select resellers.
Warren Peel, managing director, TRAMS
“As a longstanding Quantum StorNext reseller, we welcome the introduction of StorNext Pro Foundation. It delivers the power of Quantum’s StorNext 5 software in a complete and Xsan-compatible system to a new audience of UK-based media professionals in post and broadcast as well as ad agencies, corporate video production departments and houses of worship.”
Laurent Fanichet, product marketing manager - Scale-out storage - EMEA, Quantum
“There’s been a lot of interest in StorNext Pro Foundation from organisations with smaller production workgroups. They’re looking for a tailored, high-performance storage solution that enables them to create, share and fully utilise their content, and StorNext Pro Foundation delivers that. Now these smaller workgroups can experience the benefits of StorNext Pro Solutions that larger media companies have seen, including the ability to optimise performance, reliability and service in a fully integrated system at an extremely compelling price point.”
- Learn about the full family of StorNext Pro Solutions: www.stornext.com/solutions/stornextpro
- For more information on StorNext 5: www.stornext.com
- Read about managing corporate video more effectively: www.quantum.com/CorporateVideo
Photo caption: StorNext Pro Foundation 48TB
Photo caption: StorNext Pro Foundation 96TB
44 (0)20 7403 8878
Quantum is a leading expert in scale-out storage, archive and data protection. The company’s StorNext 5 platform powers modern high-performance workflows, enabling fluid, real-time collaboration and keeping content readily accessible for future use and re-monetisation. More than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to address their most demanding data workload challenges. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™ they have the end-to-end storage foundation they need to manage their digital assets. See how at www.quantum.com/stornext.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, Be Certain and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
“Safe Harbor” Statement: This press release contains “forward-looking” statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) benefits and value to customers from using Quantum’s StorNext Q-Series disk offerings, including the StorNext QXS-5600 and 2) customer demand for and Quantum’s future revenue from such offerings, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum’s actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. More detailed information about these risk factors are set forth in Quantum’s periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” in Quantum’s Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on February 6, 2015 and in Quantum’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 6, 2014, especially those risks listed in this section under the headings “Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected.” Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.