QUANTUM INTRODUCES NEW HIGH-PERFORMANCE STORNEXT APPLIANCES TARGETED FOR UPGRADING APPLE XSAN INSTALLATIONS
Complete StorNext System Ideal for Mid-Size Post and Broadcast Facilities
LAS VEGAS, April 8, 2013 – Quantum Corp. (NYSE:QTM), a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, today announced three new StorNext® appliances that enable high-speed collaboration and workflow management from ingest through archive for post-production and broadcast facilities. The comprehensive StorNext M440 Metadata Appliance, StorNext QX Storage primary disk and StorNext AEL500 Mini Archive provide a high-performance file sharing and policy-based tiered content archive management system. These appliances are 100% compatible with existing Apple Xsan installations and ideal for mid-sized creative workflow environments. Like all StorNext products, they also support the industry’s most popular media asset managers and editing, finishing, ingest, transcode, and playout tools, including products from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, AVID and Telestream.
Quantum will showcase its new StorNext appliances and other products at its National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) booth SL9016, including a behind-the-scenes demonstration of ingest-to-archive scenarios using industry-leading media asset managers and workflow applications with Quantum’s StorNext and Scalar® LTFS appliances. StorNext’s high speed and seamless interoperability with various familiar software tools help post production and broadcasters leverage investments, optimize their creative workflow and maximize the value of their video assets. NAB will be held this week at the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 8-11.
Quantum’s new StorNext appliances help mid-size facilities optimize the entire workflow so content is monetized more quickly and retained for future use:
- StorNext M440 Metadata Appliance ‑ Delivers the power and scale of Quantum’s proven StorNext file sharing software in a simple, integrated appliance which can work with MacOS X, Linux and Windows operating systems. It also scales up to 500 million files and supports up to four file systems.
- StorNext QX Storage ‑ Primary disk storage optimized for StorNext collaborative workflow environments. Supporting all resolutions and frame sizes from standard definition to 4K workflows, StorNext QX Storage is available in five base configurations ranging from 14.4 TB to 48 TB in capacity, and can scale up to 384 TB for increased performance benefits.
The combination of the StorNext M440 and StorNext QX Storage gives Apple Xsan customers the ability to meet critical deadlines, increase performance and expand capacity to accommodate evolving, higher resolution formats in post production or broadcast environments.
- StorNext AEL500 Mini Archive ‑, The first StorNext AEL product for smaller workgroups integrates StorNext Storage Manager™ with Quantum tape hardware to support policy-based, active archiving and vaulting of digital assets. Only 5U in size, the new model comes in rack-mounted and desktop versions with capacity from 30 TB (LTO-5) to 50 TB (LTO-6). It is designed to scale and can expand to support Quantum’s Extended Data Life Management (EDLM), a unique, automatic tape integrity checking capability for archived or vaulted content.
Simon Williams, director of strategic relations, Adobe
“Adobe’s video editing tools give creative professionals the features, speed, and integrated workflow to deliver high-quality productions. With that comes very large files and the need for storage solutions that provide enough space. We’re working closely with Quantum to ensure that our customers have optimal performance and flexibility when editing and finishing massive files for broadcasters or studios.”
Alex Grossman, Product Executive, Media and Entertainment, Quantum
“The media and entertainment landscape continues to evolve and raise new asset management challenges for the industry. The new products we are announcing today represent Quantum’s ongoing commitment to bring the power of StorNext to organizations of all sizes and provide the scalability and robust operation that media companies require to meet increasingly tighter deadlines and continue to capitalize on prior investments.”
- Learn more about Quantum’s StorNext software and appliances: www.quantum.com/products/BigDataManagement/index.aspx
- Participate in the StorNext Community Forum: http://stornextforum.com
- Follow the latest StorNext happenings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/stornext
- Join the StorNext conversation on Facebook: www.facebook.com/stornext
Quantum is a proven global expert in big data management and data protection, providing specialized storage solutions for physical, virtual and cloud environments. From small businesses to major enterprises, more than 100,000 customers have trusted Quantum to help maximize the value of their data by protecting and preserving it over its entire lifecycle. With Quantum, customers can Be Certain™ they’re able to adapt in a changing world – keeping more data longer, bridging from today to tomorrow, and reducing costs. See how at www.quantum.com/BeCertain.