RaySearch Laboratories AB (publ) Interim Report January 1 – September 30, 2010Read original
JANUARY 1 – SEPTEMBER 30, 2010
- Net sales for the period totaled SEK 83.0 M (47.3)
- Operating profit totaled SEK 24.5 M (17.1)
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 17.5 M (12.6) and earnings per share to SEK 0.51 (0.37)
- Cash flow was a negative SEK 2.8 M (pos: 5.4)
- RaySearch received FDA approval for RayStation® in the US in March
- The collaboration agreement with Varian was expanded in April
EVENTS AFTER THE END OF THE PERIOD
- Breakthrough RayStation® order from Massachusetts General Hospital was received in October
“The first nine months of the year was a successful period, and with the order from Massachusetts General Hospital in October, we reached a very important strategic milestone for RaySearch. The order means that Massachusetts General Hospital will be the first hospital in the world to use RayStation® and our solution for multi-criteria optimization in clinical practice”, says Johan Löf, CEO of RaySearch.
“January to September was also a strong period financially for RaySearch and the number of licenses sold almost doubled. The volume growth was primarily attributable to a positive reception to all of the new products launched in late 2009”, concludes Johan Löf.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Johan Löf, CEO
Telephone: +46 (0)8-545 061 30
RaySearch Laboratories is a medical technology company that develops advanced software solutions for improved radiation therapy of cancer. RaySearch’s products are mainly sold through license agreements with leading partners such as Philips, Varian, Siemens, Nucletron, IBA Dosimetry and TomoTherapy. To date, 15 products have been launched through partners and RaySearch’s software is used at some 1,500 clinics in more than 30 countries. In addition, existing license agreements cover more than 15 other products that are scheduled to be launched in the coming years. RaySearch was founded in 2000 as a spin-off from Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm and the company is listed on the Small Cap segment on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.
More information about RaySearch is available at: www.raysearchlabs.com.