Banner gears up for office Olympics
As London gears up for the Olympic Games, office suppliers are encouraging their customers to stock up on essentials ahead of one of the largest logistical challenges the capital has faced in peacetime.
The Olympic period will see 100 days of significant transport disruption in the capital with an estimated 22 million spectator journeys.
With warnings of the potential disruption to deliveries during the summer of sport, Banner Business Services is advising businesses of all sizes to plan ahead and stock up on office essentials.
Anne Patton, Marketing Manager of Banner Business Services explains:
“With disruption to transport links and expected traffic congestion many of our customers have already been stocking up on office essentials.
“Many of our customers are also planning alternative working arrangements during the games, and we have already seen a 15% increase in orders for pens and 23% for copier paper, as customers take the sensible decision to stock up to avoid any shortages or expensive courier costs during the games.”
Over 15,000 athletes and 11 million spectators are set to descend on the capital for the Olympic Games and Paralympics, which begin on 27 July and last for 29 days over a six-week period.
For further information, interview and photography contact
Tel: 0161 927 3131
Notes for editors
• Banner is one of the leading suppliers of office products and services in the UK and Ireland.
• Banner’s parent company is office2office listed on the London Stock Exchange.
• Group turnover in 2010 was £207.6m compared to £187.5m in 2009.
• The company employs more than 1000 people across the UK with offices in Norwich and depots in Hampshire, Manchester and Northern Ireland.
• Banner routinely makes more than 7,500 deliveries every day to customers.
• 70 per cent of orders are processed electronically.
• See www.banner-online.biz