No5 Chambers rolls out IRIS Legal solution
- Major contract win for IRIS Legal
- Proves confidence in flagship barrister software
22nd May 2012
No5 Chambers rolls out IRIS Legal solution
One of the largest set of barristers’ chambers in England & Wales is rolling out the hosted IRIS Meridian Law Connected (MLC) system across chambers and its annexes.
As part of the agreement, worth more than £1m, No5 Chambers has also outsourced all of its IT requirements to IRIS Legal and a full-time senior IRIS Legal employee will work on site on a day-to-day basis.
No5 Chambers has offices in Birmingham, London and Bristol. The set comprises more than 230 barristers and seventy practice managers and support staff.
IRIS Legal won the contract following a competitive tender process.
Tony McDaid, Practice Director of No5 Chambers, said:
“We were looking for a proactive and intuitive system that equipped us for the demands of running a 21stcentury set of chambers. After researching the market and inviting suppliers to pitch it was quickly obvious that MLC was head and shoulders above anything else on offer in terms of functionality and usability.
“The project was delivered incredibly well with clear project management processes in place and excellent change management support provided by the IRIS Legal project team.
“We’ve already seen benefits in terms of better marketing and better management reporting which has improved our performance more than we had ever imagined possible.
“We trusted IRIS Legal to deliver this major project for us because of the experience of the team in working with other chambers and the natural benefits of working with the largest provider of software to the chambers market. We know we have made the right strategic decision for our chambers”
Doug Hargrove, Managing Director of IRIS Legal, added:
“This has been an exciting integration project and we’re looking forward to working closely with No5 Chambers to support its future strategy. We’re also pleased to be working with the No5 Chambers’ team to further develop MLC to suit their needs and the needs of other chambers across the country. This decision demonstrates significant confidence in MLC from one of the best-known sets in the country.”
IRIS Legal continues to invest in MLC and enhance the feature-rich practice and case management system, so that not only is it ‘Best in Class’ but it delivers measurable value and helps improve productivity and profitability for barristers’ chambers.
Thirty-three sites now use IRIS Meridian Law Connected and a growing order book is further testament that IRIS Legal is getting it right.
See www.irislegal.co.uk and www.no5.com
Notes for editors
About IRIS Legal
- IRIS Legal is the largest provider of software and services to partnerships in the UK & Ireland. We are a trusted supplier of legal technology to 5,500 law firms, barristers’ chambers and coroners’ offices. More than 154,000 legal services staff use our products every day.
- We have more than 30 years of experience and have more than 300 specialist staff located in three ‘centres of excellence’ in Cheshire, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire. We also have offices in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- Our aim is to help our customers, from sole practitioners to large regional firms, improve overall partnership performance, specifically cash flow and profitability, by providing modern and easy to use tools to improve efficiency through better workflow, improved use of data and enhanced client service through an integrated approach to practice management.
- Our software portfolio includes practice and case management (including workflow); electronic forms; customer relationship management (CRM); business intelligence, skills and resource management; document imaging; HR & payroll and mobile solutions all underpinned by superior managed and hosted service offerings.
- See www.irislegal.co.uk
About No5 Chambers
- No5 Chambers has offices in Birmingham, London and Bristol.
- It is the second largest set of Chambers in England & Wales with more than 230 barristers and seventy practice managers and support staff.
- See www.no5.com
For further information, interviews and photography contact
Peter Davies or Rachael Richards at RMS PR
0161 927 3131