Interim report 1 September 2014 - 31 May 2015
The Group´s performance 2014/2015
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS’ positive trend of profit improvements is continuing. For the third quarter 2014/2015, RNB reports operating income of SEK -4 M, an improvement of SEK 11 M (excluding impairment losses) compared to the preceding year. The third quarter 2014/2015 was the company’s fifth consecutive quarter with better sales than the market. The sales increase during the quarter for the three concepts’ comparable stores amounted to between 5 and 10 percent and to 8.8 percent for the Group overall.
THIRD QUARTER, MARCH 1, 2015 – MAY 31, 2015 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores increased during the quarter by 8.8 percent, compared to the market’s decrease of 2.8 percent (Swedish Retail and Wholesale Trade Research Institute (HUI)).
- Net sales amounted to SEK 485 M (442).
- Operating income totaled SEK -4 M (-166, including impairment of goodwill of 151).
- The loss before tax amounted to SEK -8 M (-169).
- The loss after tax amounted to SEK -8 M (-169), correspon- ding to SEK -0.25 (-4.99) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 40 M (-22). New stores were established in Karlstad and in Värmdö.
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2014 – MAY 31, 2015 IN SUMMARY
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,573 M (1,538, including divested operation, JC).
- Operating income totaled SEK 36 (-154, including divested operation, JC), corresponding to an operating margin of 2.3 percent (-10.0).
- Operating income for the latest 12-month period totaled SEK 40 M.
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK 36 M (-164, including divested operation, JC).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 36 M (-165), including divested operation, JC), corresponding to SEK 1.07 (-4.86) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 87 M (1).
- During the second quarter, RNB entered into an agreement on possible extension of the business financing (SEK 200 M) from the company’s main owner, Konsumentföreningen Stockholm. The agreement implies a possibility to extend the financing by one year, from 2016 to 2017.