Interim report 1 September 2016 - 28 February 2017
Continued improvements in earnings
Operating income during the second quarter amounted to SEK 11 M, an improvement of SEK 10 M, compared to the year-earlier period. In total all business areas developed better than the market. The reorientation efforts relating to Polarn O. Pyret continued to deliver positive results. The challenges for Departments & Stores moderated during the second quarter. Brothers performed in line with the previous year.
SECOND QUARTER, DECEMBER 1, 2016 – FEBRUARY 28, 2017 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores in Sweden increased during the quarter by 0.6 percent, which was a better developmentcompared to the market’s decrease of 2.4 percent.
- Net sales totaled SEK 590 M (573), an increase of 3.1 percent.
- Operating income increased to SEK 11 M (1).
- Operating income before amortization for the latest 12-month period totaled SEK 116 M (86).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK –3 M (–5), which corresponds to SEK –0.08 (–0.14) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 26 M (20)
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 – FEBRUARY 28, 2017 IN SUMMARY
- Sales in comparable stores in Sweden decreased during the period by 0.4 percent.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,175 M (1,129), equivalent to an increase of 4.0 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 57 M (30).
- Profit before tax amounted to SEK 55 M (26).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 55 M (26), which corresponds to SEK 1.63 (0.76) per share.
- Cash flow from operating activities was SEK 63 M (36).
This information is information that RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on 27 March 2017 at 07:30 a.m. CET.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Håkansson, CEO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB, 46 8 410 520 02, 46 768 87 20 02,
Kristian Lustin, CFO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB, 46 8 410 524 63, 46 768 87 24 63
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS owns, operates and develops fashion, clothing, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics stores that focus on providing excellent service and a world-class shopping experience. Sales are mainly conducted in Scandinavia through the store concepts Brothers and Polarn O. Pyret, as well as through shops in the department stores NK in Stockholm and Gothenburg. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has operations in 10 countries. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has been listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange since 2001.