INTERIM REPORT 1 SEPTEMBER 2016 - 31 MAY 2017
POLARN O. PYRET SHOWS STRENGTH
Operating income was SEK 2 M in the third quarter, an improvement of SEK 2 M year-on-year. Continued earnings growth in Polarn O. Pyret offset slightly lower earnings in the Brothers business area and a clear downturn in Departments & Stores. Rolling 12-month EBITDA increased to SEK 117 M.
THIRD QUARTER, MARCH 1, 2017 – MAY 31, 2017, IN SUMMARY
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden increased by 3.1 percent in the quarter, below the market downturn of 1.1 percent.
- Net sales were SEK 492 M (489), up 0.6 percent.
- Operating income increased to SEK 2 M (0).
- Operating income before amortization for the last 12-month period was SEK 117 M (89), up 33 percent.
- Profit after tax was SEK -12 M (-10), of which market valuation of currency hedges SEK -9 M (-8).
- Earnings per share was SEK -0.35 (-0.30).
- Cashflow from operating activities was SEK 11 M (10).
THE PERIOD, SEPTEMBER 1, 2016 – MAY 31, 2017, IN SUMMARY
- Sales for comparable stores in Sweden decreased by 1.2 percent, above the market downturn of 1.9 percent.
- Net sales were SEK 1,666 M (1,618), up 3.0 percent.
- Operating income increased to SEK 59 M (30).
- Operating income before amortization was SEK 95 M (66).
- Profit after tax was SEK 43 M (15), of which market valuation of currency hedges SEK -4 M (-7).
- Earnings per share was SEK 1.27 (0.46).
- Cashflow from operating activities was SEK 74 M (46).
This information is information that RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, on 21 June 2017 at 07.30 a.m. CET.
For further information, please contact:
Magnus Håkansson, CEO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 520 02, 46 768 87 20 02, e-mail: email@example.com
Kristian Lustin, CFO, RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS AB
46 8 410 524 63, 46 768 87 24 63, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS owns, operates and develops fashion, clothing, accessories, jewelry and cosmetics stores that focus on providing excellent service and a world-class shopping experience. Sales are mainly conducted in Scandinavia through the store concepts Brothers and Polarn O. Pyret, as well as through shops in the department stores NK in Stockholm and Gothenburg. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has operations in 10 countries. RNB RETAIL AND BRANDS has been listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Exchange since 2001.