ART, FILM AND FASHION EXHIBITION SHOWCASES HIGH SCHOOL TALENT AT PUENTE HILLS MALL – OPENS MARCH 24
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA — MARCH 20, 2012 — An exhibition featuring the artistic talents of 14 art, film and fashion students will premiere at the Puente Hills Mall this weekend. The 2012 Nogales High School Art Exhibition and Movie Premiere will be held on Saturday, March 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Puente Hills Mall, located on the upper level next door to Sears (Space 101). The opening festivities will include performances by Nogales Poetry students, showcase individual student art shows and short films, along with a full runway Fashion Show at 6:30 p.m. The exhibition will run March 24 through April 20. Media Preview: Friday, March 23, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. To view photos and movie trailers, click here.
The “Illuminating Minds” art exhibition showcases Nogales Senior International Baccalaureate art students’ work using a variety of media, including acrylic paint, ceramics, mixed media, and textile designs. The “Mis-en-Science” Movie Premieres are the work of International Baccalaureate film and La Puente Valley Regional Occupation program students. These senior film students create short films in a million dollar, state-of-the-art studio that was funded by grants, where students can record, live mix, edit and produce in HD, as well as duplicate in Blu-ray. Both exhibitions are under the direction of Nogales High School Visual Arts Chair, Teacher Jim Ellison.
March 25 – April 20 Gallery hours: Sunday, March 25 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday, March 26 – Friday, March 30 from 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.; Monday, April 9 – Friday April 13, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.; and Saturday, April 14 from 5 – 8 p.m. and Sunday, April 15 from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.; and Monday, April 16 – Friday, April 20 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
“Illuminating Minds” Featured artists:
- Jason Campos: “Freedom of Speech” - Using a combination of street art and abstraction in acrylic paint on canvas.
- Pitrizz Gangcuangco: “Evolving Morals” - Using a combination of word art and cartoon in mixed media.
- Manuel Gomez: “Death Across the Ages” - A modern interpretation of Dia De Los Muertos in acrylic paint on canvas.
- Ulices Leyva: “Natural Rhythms” - As a sculptor working in high fired ceramics, he has focused on the patterns and rhythms of plants combined with the shapes of functional items.
- Christian Reynoso: “Junk Yard of My Conscience” - Combines abstraction with primitive images in acrylic paint on canvas.
- Jose Perez: “Beauty Killer” - As an Avant Guard Fashion Designer, he will present a full runway Fashion Show of the dresses he has created at 6:30 p.m. on March 24.
“Mis-en-Scene” Movie Premieres
- Vivian Alvarez, Kimberly Fernandez and Alberto Hernandez “The Unidentified” (Drama) - The unknown is catastrophic.
- Jarius Fabian and Nathan Miguel “Noise” (Thriller) - The mind on stress.
- Abel Corral, Bryan Medina and Hanagie Rivera “Last Minute” - Every minute is important.
- Vivian Alvarez “Linger” (Love Story) - The hardest thing is letting go.
- Jarius Fabian “Retribution” (Drama) - The struggle to survive after the end.
- Kimberly Fernandez “Blood Stained Sentiment” (Thriller) - The testing of friendship.
- Alberto Hernandez “The Diner” (Drama) - Memories can be lost in a moment.
- Nathan Miguel “Vindication” (Action/Drama) - Forgive but don’t forget.
Nogales High School is part of the Rowland Unified School District, located at 401 S. Nogales Street in La Puente. It is an International Baccalaureate World School and offers a unique Career Certification Program for students. Each year, graduates receive from $2,000 to full scholarships to attend the top art colleges and universities in the nation. For more information about Nogales High School, visit www.nogaleshs.org or call (626) 965-3437. The Rowland Unified School District is proud to serve 16,000 students in the communities of Rowland Heights, La Puente, Walnut, and West Covina. Visit www.RowlandSchools.org or call (626)965-2541 for more information.
Puente Hills Mall is anchored by AMC 20 Movie Theatres, Macy’s, Sears, Ross Dress for Less, Burlington Coat Factory, Forever XXI and Round1 Bowling & Amusement and is located at 1600 Azusa Avenue, 60 Freeway at the Azusa Avenue exit, City of Industry. It features over 150 specialty shops and a food court. For more information about any Puente Hills Mall store or event, please call 626.912.8777 or visit www.puentehills-mall.com. Puente Hills Mall is open Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Puente Hills Mall is owned and managed by Glimcher Realty Trust of Columbus, Ohio.
# # #