January 1 – March 31, 2017
The first quarter in figures
- Net sales amounted to TSEK 1,755 (1,066).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 11,612 (11,600).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 1.40 (1.40).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 11,981 (11,247).
- The gross margin in the period was 26.5% (26.3%).
Important events during the quarter
- Our primary market Germany continues to show good growth with sales in value up by 99% and electrode sales volume up by 95% in the quarter.
- Significant resources invested in the PMA process, with continued progress. During the period the Company has supplied FDA with feedback within several areas.
- DermoScan and SciBase agree to co-promote an integrated solution for digital dermoscopy and Nevisense.
Important events after the end of the period
- The notice to attend the AGM 2017 was published .
- The annual report 2016 was published .
- Australian clinical study published in British Journal of Dermatology presents further benefits with Nevisense.
- SciBase receives US patent on the electrode design.
|Apr 1 2016 -|
|Jan 1 - Mar 31||Mar 31 2017||Jan 1 - Dec 31|
|Net sales, SEK ths||1 755||1 066||7 125||6 436|
|Gross margin, %||26,5%||26,3%||33,8%||34,5%|
|Equity/Asset ratio, %||90,7%||94,4%||90,7%||90,8%|
|Net indebtness, multiple||0,10||0,06||0,10||0,10|
|Cash equivalents, SEK ths||72 627||122 241||72 627||84 955|
|Cashflow from operating activities, SEK ths||-11 981||-11 247||-48 584||-47 850|
|Earnings per share (before and after dilution), SEK*||-1,40||-1,40||-6,41||-6,41|
|Shareholder's equity per share, SEK*||9,79||16,19||9,79||11,19|
|Average number of shares, 000'*||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285|
|Number of shares at closing of period, 000'*||8 285||8 285||8 285||8 285|
|Share price at end of period, SEK||19,30||23,50||19,30||19,00|
|Average number of employees||22||18||22||21|
|*Adjusted for in May 2015 performed reversed split, 40:1|
For further information please contact:
CEO, +46 72 887 43 99, simon.grant@SciBase.com
CFO, +46 70 341 34 72, michael.colerus@SciBase.com
This information is information that SciBase Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on May 10, 2017 .
About Skin Cancer
Skin cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world, accounting for nearly half of all cancers. It has been estimated that nearly half of all Americans who live to the age of 65 will develop skin cancer at least once. Malignant melanoma is the most fatal form of skin cancer causing the majority (75%) of deaths related to skin cancer. Worldwide, doctors diagnose about 230,000 new cases of melanoma yearly.
About SciBase and Nevisense
SciBase AB is a Swedish medical technology company, headquartered in Stockholm that has developed a unique point-of-care device for the accurate detection of malignant melanoma. Its product, Nevisense, helps doctors to detect malignant melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer. SciBase was founded by Stig Ollmar, Associate Professor at The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. Nevisense is based on substantial research and has achieved excellent results in the largest clinical study ever conducted on the detection of malignant melanoma. Nevisense is CE marked in Europe, has TGA approval in Australia, and is awaiting FDA clearance in the United States. Nevisense is based on a method called Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), which uses the varying electrical properties of human tissue to categorize cellular structures and thereby detect malignancies. SciBase is listed on Nasdaq First North (“SCIB”). Avanza is the certified advisor. Further information is available on www.scibase.com .