January 1 – September 30, 2015
The third quarter in figures
- Total net sales amounted to TSEK 995 (818).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 10,260 (7,935).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 1.24 (1.59).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 9,669 (9,578).
The 9-months in figures
- Total net sales amounted to TSEK 2,970 (1,140).
- The loss after tax amounted to TSEK 30,378 (28,499).
- The loss per share amounted to SEK 4.71 (5.72).
- The cash flow from current operations was negative in the amount of TSEK 32,724 (27,787).
Important events during the quarter
- During the period the high level results from the “Reader-study” in the US were published. The results from the study show that the addition of Nevisense significantly improved the ability of US dermatologists to accurately detect melanoma. The Reader Study is an important requirement of the application process to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). With the results from the study, SciBase can now finalize and file its PMA application with the FDA.
- Pareto Securities has during the period exercised the possibility to, in connection with the initial public offering of SciBase Holding AB (publ) (“SciBase”), carry out stabilization-like transactions. All stabilization-like transactions were carried out between June 2, 2015 and June 10, 2015 and no further stabilization-like transactions will be carried out.
Important events after the end of the period
- No significant events after the period have been reported.
|Oct 1 2014 -|
|July 1 - Sep 30||Jan 1 - Sep 30||Sep 30 2015||Jan 1 - Dec 31|
|Net sales, SEK ths||995||818||2 970||1 140||3 430||1 600|
|Gross margin, %||17,6%||-42,8%||-3,8%||-33,9%||-8,9%||-36,0%|
|Equity/Asset ratio, %||94,2%||84,4%||94,2%||84,4%||94,2%||78,5%|
|Net indebtness, multiple||0,06||0,19||0,06||0,19||0,06||0,27|
|Cash equivalents, SEK ths||147 661||37 176||147 661||37 176||147 661||27 566|
|Cashflow from operating activities, SEK ths||-9 669||-9 578||-32 724||-27 787||-42 014||-37 077|
|Earnings per share (before and after dilution), SEK*||-1,24||-1,59||-4,71||-5,72||-6,68||-7,78|
|Shareholder's equity per share, SEK*||18,93||8,61||24,31||8,61||25,78||6,55|
|Average number of shares, 000'*||8 285||4 985||6 451||4 984||6 085||4 984|
|Number of shares at closing of period, 000'*||8 285||4 985||8 285||4 985||8 285||4 985|
|Average number of employees||15||12||14||12||14||12|
Definitions and a glossary are provided on page 15.
For further information please contact:
Simon Grant, CEO, tele : 46 72 887 43 99
Michael Colérus, CFO, tele : 46 70 341 34 72
About SciBase and Nevisense
SciBase AB is a Swedish medical technology company, headquartered in Stockholm that has developed a unique point-of-care device for the accurate detection of malignant melanoma. Its product, Nevisense, helps doctors to detect malignant melanoma, the most dangerous type of skin cancer. SciBase was founded by Stig Ollmar, Associate Professor at The Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. Nevisense is based on substantial research and has achieved excellent results in the largest clinical study ever conducted on the detection of malignant melanoma. Nevisense is CE marked in Europe, has TGA approval in Australia, and is awaiting FDA clearance in the United States. Nevisense is based on a method called Electrical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS), which uses the varying electrical properties of human tissue to categorize cellular structures and thereby detect malignancies. SciBase is listed on Nasdaq First North (“SCIB”). Avanza is the certified advisor. Further information is available on www.scibase.com.