Interim report for 4th quarter and year-end 2017
Financial report for the period ended 31st December 2017
Key Facts for Quarter 4 2017 (1st October 2017 – 31st December 2017)
Q4 2017 - All-time high in revenues and net profit
All figures are compared to the same quarter last year if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenues increased by 62.1% to €3,746,299 (€2,311,276).
- EBIT increased by 160.13% to €1,500,719 (€576,905).
- EBIT margin of 40.05% (24.96%).
- All-time high in customer deposits with an increase of 66% to €6,553,035 (€3,939,340).
- 31,413 new registered customers (22,567), increase of 39.2%.
- Earnings per share of €0.0470 (€0.0078).
- The non-refundable shareholder contribution of €2,080,030 previously reported under capital and reserves in the Consolidated Statement of Financial Position has been re-classified as extraordinary income, bringing profit before tax at the consolidated level in Q4 to €3,570,606. The re-classification does not affect the cash flow. For comparison reasons, all figures in this report except earnings per share are excluding this extraordinary income, while earnings per share include the extraordinary income.
- An increase of 10.92% in the daily average net gaming revenue in January 2018 when compared to the daily average of Q4 2017.
Key Facts for 2017 (1st January 2017 – 31st December 2017)
Year 2017 - All-time high in revenues and net profit
All figures are compared to 1st January to 31st December 2016 if not explicitly stated otherwise
- Revenue increased by 78.43% to €12,518,116 (€7,015,618)
- EBIT increased by 290% to €4,481,862 (€1,149,098)
- EBIT Margin of 35.8% (16.4%)
- Customer deposits increased by 67.77% to €21,398,265 (€12,754,498)
- 14.6% increase in newly registered customers to 104,517 (91,189)
- Earnings per share of €0.0855 (€0.0156)
- The cash position for year ending 2017 is €3,726,685. During 2017 the loan of €900,000 utilised as part payment for the Vuetec assets acquired in 2016 has been totally repaid, so Angler Gaming is debt-free.
- The Board of Directors proposes distribution of €3,351,000 by way of a dividend to shareholders, which corresponds to €0.045 per share. Angler Gaming will not compensate for currency exchange costs.
Events in Q4 2017
- Angler Gaming has invested in a new fully-owned subsidiary PremierGaming Ltd. with the main focus on B2C business. PremierGaming Ltd, a Malta-registered company, is in the process of obtaining a regulatory licence from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). The first brand of PremierGaming Ltd to go live will be PremierLiveCasino.
- Angler Gaming’s subsidiary StarfishMedia N.V. will continue to strengthen its successful focus on B2B services under its Curacao license.
- Angler Gaming is growing in Asia, Europe and South America.
(See charts in enclosed pdf for Revenues, Profit/loss, Deposits)
Key Performance Indicators (EUR)
|New Registered Customers||31,413||22,567||104,517||91,189|
|Gross Game Win||€4,260,112||€2,784,242||€14,222,935||€9,336,480|
|Net Game win||€4,122,800||€2,610,437||€13,748,838||€8,525,268|
* Definition Net Profit Margin = Net Profit / Revenue
** Definition Active Customers: Customer that wagered at least one bet in the indicated period
*** Definition New Registered Customer: A new customer registered in the indicated period
**** Definition Net Game Win: Real money bets minus real money wins
***** Definition Hold: Customer Withdrawals / Customer Deposits
This report has not been reviewed by the Company's Auditor – the Audited Financial Statements for financial year ending 31st December 2016 were published on the 28th April 2017. The Audited Financial Statements for the year ending 31st December 2017 will be published on the 30th April 2018.
The Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday, 7th June 2018 at 10:00 in Stockholm. The location will be disclosed at a later date.
The Q1 2018 report will be published on 8th of May 2018.
Comments from David Gray, CEO of Angler Gaming
Q4 continued on the growth shown in 2017 with an all-time high in revenues and net profits. 2017 resulted in an EBIT of €4,481,862 (extraordinary revenues excluded) compared to the €1,149,098 made during 2016. Above all it’s encouraging that 2017 is the first year Angler Gaming is able to distribute a dividend of €3,351,000 back to its shareholders. 2018 has started well and we are enthusiastic how the new subsidiary PremierGaming Ltd will perform later in the year and strengthen Angler Gaming's position in the market.
Malta, 15th of February 2018
Board of Directors of Angler Gaming PLC
Enquiries: David Gray, CEO